Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Debra Andrea Mandell
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Relationship Solutions Group (RSG) defines the experience and oversees the management of Schwab’s client relationship channels and internal platforms used by Schwab service representatives and financial consultants. The group is responsible for providing tools and experiences that enable clients to achieve their financial objectives, while supporting the strategic growth of the firm through rep assisted channels. The group supports all of Schwab’s business enterprises and works with a wide range of internal stakeholders including technology, sales and service, strategy and marketing.
The Desktop Solutions organization, within RSG, is responsible for the Sales, Service, Advice and Supervision platforms that support the client facing teams that serve Schwab clients. Our mission is to deliver an exceptional representative experience and enable the ability to establish, grow and solidify relationships with our clients.
The Director of Platform Liaison to the Business for Portfolio Consulting will lead work efforts to design, implement and sustain new platforms for the financial planning process. They will proactively utilize competitive market analysis and complex business issues in collaboration with senior leaders to solve and anticipate for current and future business needs. This person will act as the business subject matter expert in identifying, evaluating, and developing solutions, systems, processes, and procedures that meet the needs of the business. The Business Liaison will represent Portfolio Consulting in support of key business objectives and strategy. Projects will be taken from original concept based on business needs through completion and implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Provide thought leadership in the design and execution of new platforms and processes to enhance the overall Portfolio Consulting experience across capabilities, including Client Engagement, Wealth Management, Service and Reporting.
- Accountable for articulating the desired internal rep experience for Portfolio Consultants, in collaboration with teams supporting the client experience to ensure seamless and consistent processes and touch points internal and external to Schwab.
- Identify, lead, and execute internal process improvements which enhance our scalability.
- Develop as-is and to-be end to end process flows that depict the internal rep experience across capabilities, outlining key interaction with partner teams and technology touchpoints.
- Own prioritization of functionality and requirements on behalf of the business based on both quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Contribute to shaping implementation and business readiness strategies in partnership with change management, platform and technology teams.
- Responsible for integration and adoption of tools and technology in Portfolio Consulting.
- Serve as both the team leader and as a contributor on high priority projects.
- Contribute to strategic project definition, idea generation and insight development
- Provide regular and concise updates to the senior leadership team.
- Create high quality analysis, presentation materials and metrics for senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop new ideas based on competitive market analytics and interactions with stakeholders, customers, and prospects.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to cross-functional groups.
- Create the environment for an engaged team and coach team members to greater success.
- Be an internal and external evangelist for our organization.
What you have:
- Certified Financial Planner™ certification preferred
- Exceptional coaching and management skills with proven track record
- Experience writing and presenting complex financial plans to clients
- As-is and To-be Business Process Mapping experience
- Proven ability to manage people and processes to contribute to a larger vision and to enable them to reach their potential
- Experience creating decks, facilitating meetings, presenting to and teaching large and small audiences
- Proficient in the use of technology, practically speaking an early adopter.
- Strong systems thinker, ability to see a process end-to-end and identify improvement opportunities across people, processes, and systems
- Ability to synthesize separate projects into a broader program level vision
- Experience building platforms, designing processes, framing problems and analyzing solutions
- Strong understanding of financial services regulations
- Experience in building partnerships and influencing to effectively deliver on projects in a cross-functional environment, and driving them to successful completion
- Ability to drive change and support new ways of doing things across organizational boundaries
- Ability to build credibility with peers and key stakeholders (at all levels of the organization) in order to drive action
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills
- Curiosity to continually reevaluate and improve existing platforms, processes, and procedures
- BA/BS degree required—MBA preferred
- Knowledge of Schwab products, services and support systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methods and processes is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, October 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, November 3, 2017