El Paso - TX, ELPASO, 1945 Northwestern Drive, 79912-1108
Brett Anders Almquist
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Operational Services Account Solutions (OSAS) is the primary operations arm for Advisor Services and Investor Services New Accounts. OSAS provides service to our retail clients and financial advisors to fulfill our purpose of helping everyone become financial fit. We inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill client needs and have a focus on employee development and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
As a member of our OSAS team, you will focus on New Accounts and Account Maintenance. You will be responsible for processing applications well as reviewing client correspondence. Below outlines a summary of additional responsibilities for this Associate role.
- Review and process Schwab account applications, while interpreting and applying business judgement and balancing risk to the firm.
- Engage in a dialogue to identify ways to reduce client effort and improve the overall client experience while actively listening to client cues.
- Demonstrate positivity and the ability to problem solve while assisting Schwab clients in opening their accounts, as well as performing detailed research and follow-up, in a fast paced environment.
- Communicate with clients and business partners through various channels, including inbound/outbound phone calls and written communication. Establish clear points of contact for ongoing support and escalations.
- Demonstrate flexibility and work collaboratively with team members to deliver high quality service, meet client expectations, and support business partners.
- Manage multiple tasks accurately and effectively while maintaining high productivity.
Please note: Flexibility in scheduling is required for this position. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am – 6 pm MST. Depending on your schedule, you may be eligible for a shift differential. Although we will try to give you advance notice, your assigned schedule may be changed at any point during your employment.
Compensation: Employees in our OSAS teams are paid a salary commensurate with experience and licensing, and receive additional compensation for overtime hours and shift differentials, along with the ability to earn an annual bonus based on high performance, adherence to quality standards and profitable company growth.
What you have:
- Interest in a long-term career in financial services with potential to become licensed.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to multi-task to perform multiple complex tasks with a superior level of attention to detail.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of investment products and industry regulations. Ability to explain these complex subjects via the phone.
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills with the ability to utilize at least 5 different applications at any one time, including Windows, internet researching, database systems, and email. Typing speed of at least 30 wpm is required
- Ability to work in a structured environment during specified hours as pre-determined by business need.
- Excellent communication skills (English) both verbal and written.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Collaborative and relational work style with proven success in a team environment.
- Enjoy working in a structured environment during specified hours as determined by business need
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism, and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Effectively organizes, assembles and arrange resources to meet departmental goals.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, ideal candidates will also have the followed preferred qualifications:
- 2+ years of college study in finance, economics, business administration, or related area; degree is preferred.
- 1+ year of work experience, preferably in financial services, operations, or client support is desired.
- Prior experience working in a dual monitor environment and the ability to utilize over 7 open programs at one time is a plus.
**Important note- In order to be considered for this role you must complete a client focus assessment. Following your submission, you will receive an email from “Schwab Careers” with a link for this assessment. You will not be considered as an active candidate for this position until you complete this assessment. Therefore, please ensure that your security settings for your email account are set low-enough to receive email responses from Charles Schwab and that you set aside the time required to complete this assessment. If you have completed this assessment within the last 12 months, you will not need to complete it again. **
This role is located in the Schwab Operations Center located at 1945 Northwestern Drive, El Paso TX 79912
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - El Paso
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, November 13, 2017