Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Work with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years through an internship with Charles Schwab. Schwab’s mission is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab Intern Academy is our centrally managed summer internship program that recruits juniors and rising seniors within a year of graduation. As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2018 program include:
- Business Track Project: Work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Feedback Loop: Receive regular feedback from your manager, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Gain support by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and aim to exceed client expectations
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate program tracking to a bachelor’s degree
- Plan to graduate between December 2018 and May/June 2019
- Can work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 9-week program (June 11 to August 10)
- Have specific skills as needed by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: The 2018 Schwab Intern Academy features multiple job opportunities. We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
CORPORATE REAL ESTATE TRACK
Corporate Real Estate encompasses six distinct departments: lease administration and portfolio management, corporate and retail strategy analytics, design and construction, facilities management and real estate finance. All of these separate functions work together to support the firms physical foot print:
Lease Administration controls and manages all the leases held on leased spaces across all 300+ retail branch locations, and multiple corporate locations. They also administer the leases we hold as landlords, ensuring that the terms of all the leases are met, and all payments in and out are tracked.
Portfolio Management is responsible for finding new space for all corporate and retail locations As leases expire, this group looks to renew leases in existing locations that meet space requirements and relocates business groups if necessary, in support of business functions. In the case of retail branches, this means supporting higher visibility of our brand and better access to clients.
Corporate and Retail Strategy Analytics works closely with Schwab's other business groups to track growth projections and carefully plan for the space needed in the corporate locations to accommodate business growth. Maintaining low vacancy rate ratios of seats to population head count is a priority. On the Retail Strategy side, client statistics are tracked to help locate the most ideal real estate opportunities for a branch.
Design and Construction is responsible for the creation and design direction of all Schwab's spaces, and works together with portfolio management and strategy to provide space layouts which validate the strategic plans of the company objectives. They manage outside architects, general contractors, furniture vendors and other partners, and are responsible for the look, feel, and functionality of all space.
Facilities Management provides all the support needed to manage the daily operation of all of Schwab's spaces, from the functions of the buildings themselves to the comfort of all the occupants. They ensure that the physical demands on Schwab's business continues to function 24/7 without interruption.
Real Estate Finance connects all the other functions in corporate real estate through budget planning and fiscal controls that ensure the proper budget allocations are in place to execute all the projects, and support the daily business functions.
What you’ll do:
Working in the Design and Construction Team.
- Assist Construction Managers with their Projects at various phases and in various locations – includes Retail and Corporate Projects.
- Learn to build budgets and schedules for Construction Projects.
- Review construction drawings
- Assist with Contracts, Purchase Order and Invoice Processing.
- Assist with managing Vendors including General Contractors, Architects, Consultants, Furniture Vendors, ets.
- Create space plans for office space and take direction from Design Managers for the design and implementation of design for retail branch properties and corporate properties.
- Provide weekly project activity updates to Team Lead
- Interact with senior management, design managers, construction managers, internal and external business partners and peers
What you’ll have:
In addition to the evaluation criterion listed previously, interns should also have the following:
- Interest in space planning/interior design/architecture for commercial and multi-unit branded environments
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD and Acrobat DC
What you’ll get:
Recognized as an industry leader, Schwab’s welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship as well as a focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: For the 2016 Schwab Intern Academy there will be multiple job opportunities and we encourage you to apply for all for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, our goal is to provide each intern with a consistent and unique experience; an experience you won’t soon forget!
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, November 25, 2017