Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Amy Elizabeth Munson
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Work with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years through an internship with Charles Schwab. Schwab’s mission is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab Intern Academy is our centrally managed summer internship program that recruits juniors and rising seniors within a year of graduation. As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2018 program include:
- Business Track Project: Work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Feedback Loop: Receive regular feedback from your manager, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Gain support by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and aim to exceed client expectations
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate program tracking to a bachelor’s degree
- Plan to graduate between December 2018 and May/June 2019
- Can work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 9-week program (June 11 to August 10)
- Have specific skills as needed by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: The 2018 Schwab Intern Academy features multiple job opportunities. We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
Innovated. Strategic. Efficient. and always good stewards for our clients and business groups. These qualities are what make Operational Services a core enabler of Schwab’s vision to be the most trusted leader in investment services and ensure Schwab remains a good steward of shareholder value.
We are focused on providing great service to our clients and the client-facing organizations within Schwab, as well as safeguarding assets. Whether it’s processing corporate actions, performing trade orders reviews, assisting with estate planning, or answering hotline calls. We work behind the scenes to deliver on Schwab’s purpose. Operations play a critical role in helping our clients achieve their financial goals and inspiring client loyalty.
- You will engage in dialogue to reduce client effort and improve the overall client experience.
- You will spend time in operations to understand common client problems, and help find innovative solutions for our client base.
- You may work with Platform Strategy to define client experience and operational requirements.
- You may work with Business Analysts to define process requirements.
What you have
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to multi-task to perform multiple complex tasks with a superior level of attention to detail.
- Collaborative and relational work style
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills with the ability to utilize at least 5 different applications at any one time, including Windows, internet researching, database systems, and email.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
What you will learn
- You will gain a unique blend of balancing operational efficiency and risk mitigation, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You will learn how to analyze and understand complex business problems that are part of operating in the financial industry.
- You will learn to work collaboratively with other team members to deliver high quality outcomes.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||FL - Orlando, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Monday, October 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017