Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Elizabeth T Wells
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
What you’ll do:
DUTIES: Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. has an opening for a Sr. Staff, Software Applications Engineer in Austin TX. Work on deployment, operations, integration, performance, tuning, management, and monitoring of Java and Pega 7 applications. Design and implement infrastructure from specifications, configuration, and deployment of applications, advanced troubleshooting of complex Java and Pega applications. Provide support for Java and Pega Application development teams. Monitor day-to-day operational health of deployed Java and Pega PRPC applications. Maintain appropriate system level documentation and provide assistance to development teams on performance improving solutions.
What you have:
Requirements: Bachelor’s of Science or foreign equivalent in Computers or related field and 8 years of progressive, post baccalaureate experience in job offered or related occupation. Employer will accept 1 year of related experience for each year missing towards the required four year bachelor's degree. Employer will also accept an additional year of experience for an unrelated field of study.
Experience and/or education must include:
- 8 years troubleshooting production issues for Java;
- 5 years troubleshooting production issues for Pega;
- 8 years experience Unix and Linux administrator;
- 5 years experience Pega 7 Administrator;
- 8 years experience Java Administrator; and
- 5 years experience Websphere, Tomcat, or JBoss.
OTHER: Job Site: Austin, TX
Please reference Job ID: ACHTJP and send resume via mail to: 9800 Schwab Way, Lone Tree, CO 80124, Attn: E. Wells. EOE.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, October 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017