Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a Sourcing Advisor on the Talent Acquisition team, you will play a critical role in partnering with Talent Advisors, Talent Attraction and business areas to define and deliver creative sourcing solutions for complex roles that span multiple areas across the organization. You will also provide subject matter expertise regarding labor market data, recruiting trends, competition and target geographies for specific areas of talent.
What you’ll do:
- Source, screen, and vet qualified candidates for targeted job requisitions and job profiles.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of qualified and diverse talent.
- Partner with Talent Advisors to understand current & future business needs and role-specific requirements.
- Create and manage sourcing reqs for frequently hired roles and advance reqs for hard to fill roles.
- Collaborate with Talent Advisors and other Sourcing Advisors to generate innovative ideas, leverage resources, and share information in order to develop effective sourcing strategies and candidate profiles.
- Build strategic sourcing plans for defined business areas.
- Leverage various sourcing channels and methods to develop a proactive and steady pipeline of qualified and diverse talent for open roles, repetitively hired roles, niche roles and key job families & skill sets.
- Build relationships with potential candidates through networking, employee referrals, cold calling into competitive companies, and passive recruiting techniques including the use of social media.
- Network with external sources to continually enhance relationships, as well as maintain the company’s presence in the market.
- Manage pipelines of “silver medalists” or "bronze medalists" for future placement.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge.
- Provide data analytics, research and analysis on competitive intelligence, labor trends, information about the external marketplace and Schwab’s employer brand position to attract top talent (includes supply and demand reporting).
- Attend job fair events and assist in other recruiting events as needed.
- Attend hiring leader scoping session meetings with the Talent Advisors as needed.
- Conduct pre-screening phone interviews to assess candidates for: needed skill set & competencies, potential fit for current &/or future positions, and potential fit to the Schwab culture.
- Provide succinct candidate assessment write-ups to Talent Advisors.
What you have:
- Minimum of 3 years of proven sourcing experience in an agency, search firm or corporate setting sourcing for IT, Financial Services and/or Corporate talent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of best-in-class talent sourcing practices
- Knowledge of US federal, state and local employment laws
- Strong business acumen of the assigned business areas
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly skilled in researching, interpreting and utilizing competitive intelligence
- Advanced proactive outreach, candidate mining, and cold calling sourcing skills including, Boolean search methods and techniques, utilizing social networking, research tools, on-line resume banks, competitor mapping, and other sourcing techniques such as blogs, alumni groups, conference attendee lists, personal home pages, etc.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to identify and mine untapped sourcing channels
- Ability to build strong personal networks and adept at engaging passive candidates
- Outstanding lead generation skills and candidate conversion skills
- Ability to effectively market and sell Schwab as an employer of choice
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple job openings and manage multiple searches under tight timelines
- Ability to sift through large volumes of resumes and select the most appropriate candidates for the interview process.
- Ability to effectively partner with other Souring Advisors and collaborate in a team environment
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources or related field is strongly preferred or relevant experience
You’ll demonstrate these behaviors:
- Technical Expertise: Depth of knowledge and skill in the area of Talent Acquisition
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that info, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain & strengthen partnerships with others who can provide info, assistance and support
- Analytical Thinking: Approaching a problem by using a logical, systematic and sequential approach
- Persuasive Communication: The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive
- Business Acumen: Having direct knowledge of client business operations & strategy and being able to understand how the external labor market and HR practices interact to impact organizational performance.
- Results Orientation: Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s team work
- Fostering Teamwork: The ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
- Fostering Innovation: Developing, sponsoring or supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies
- Attention to Communication: Ensuring that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
This is a summary only, and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, IN - Indianapolis, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, March 9, 2018