Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a Program Manager of Diversity & Inclusion, you will be responsible for partnering with internal and external stakeholders to build a forward-thinking and innovative diversity recruitment program that includes a variety of diversity sourcing channels to attract talent. You will drive the coordination and execution of external branding opportunities and community outreach efforts, while also continuing to build Schwab’s employment brand and promote the company as an employer of choice with diversity talent.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with various teams to understand, design, develop, and implement a Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Recruitment program that will be deployed across the Talent Acquisition team to align with organizational goals
- Provide diversity and inclusion subject matter expertise across all categories including LGBT, Veterans, Military, Women and other minority groups
- Evolve diversity recruitment strategies and identify the most effective diversity sourcing channels to advance talent attraction efforts
- Analyze and leverage D&I insights to identify opportunities and solutions
- Identify metrics for measuring program effectiveness and provide regulator updates to Talent Acquisition leaders on the attainment of goals and objectives
- Continually evaluate and implement best practices in diversity recruitment
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop a multi-year roadmap for the program that outlines strategy execution
- Identify, build and maintain partnerships with multicultural organizations, community outreach groups, associations and diversity event sponsors
- Develop and maintain project plans to report out on progress, dependencies and challenges
- Stay abreast of best practices and recommend new ways to continuously evolve programs
- Ensure constant alignment with Schwab’s business direction & industry trends
What you have:
- Experience building a Diversity & Inclusion program and scaling to a geographically dispersed organization
- Subject matter expertise in diversity and inclusion
- Program management experience either in HR, Talent Acquisition or a related area preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a diversity & inclusion program preferred
- Prior experience in financial services or another regulated industry preferred
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of US employment law and corporate recruitment practices
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent project management skills with superior organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Skills in influencing and persuasion
- Ability to influence, gain creditability, and build strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
You'll demonstrate these behaviors:
- Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
- Inclusive: Embraces diverse skills, styles and backgrounds.
- Relationship Oriented: Builds trusted relationships with colleagues around the firm and across multiple levels of the organization.
- Curious: Constantly learns more about our clients, competitors, industry and the broader market to drive insights and decisions.
- Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility, and urgency.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Staffing-6+ yrs, Human Resources-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake, IN - Indianapolis
Activation Date: Thursday, October 5, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017