Chicago - IL, BRILLP, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Michelle Lynn Huber
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Trading Services strategy is to provide a differentiated, scalable trader experience that combines deep client relationships, omni-channel platforms and capabilities at compelling prices. Part of Schwab Investor Services, the Trading Services’ approach starts by considering our business through clients’ eyes. Regarding Schwab Active Trader clients, we know these clients are enthusiastic about finding, discussing, and executing trading strategies according to their investment objectives.
Our team ensures we deliver a consistently high quality client experience that produces strong loyalty among existing actively trading and investing clients, and draws in prospects that desire the same. We do this by providing helpful guidance, education, the powerful trading tools and platforms, and engaging client events so they can advance their trading skills.
Schwab’s Active Trader clients expect for us to provide advanced trading tools and exceptional service, at a competitive price, from a company they can trust. Trading Services clients may have additional, financial needs, including wealth management, retirement planning, educational planning, investment management, estate planning, active investing, managed banking, and lending needs.
What you’ll do:
- As an Active Trader Financial Consultant, you’ll need an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for building a dedicated practice focused on client needs. Your primary responsibilities are to provide trading guidance, support, and expertise; a secondary focus will be to assess overall financial and wealth management needs to establish and or deepen client relationships and engagement. Promote and support our Trading Services offer, with an emphasis on Platform, People and Plan will be critical.
- Establish trust with and understand your dedicated clients overall financial management approach; create awareness of Schwab offers that match client need, and cross-sell managed solution when appropriate
- Establish a reputation for having trading expertise as part of comprehensive financial planning objective
- Understand and articulate market and sector trends and impact to overall financial markets
- Validate client-driven trading ideas and strategies; recommend appropriate trading-related risk management strategies
- Take ownership of trading-related escalations, including trade execution and issue resolution
- Deepen client relationships and engagement with a focus increasing share of wallet and retention with clients in a dedicated practice
- Generate lead opportunities, cross-sell appropriate products and services, and win business from trading and managed investing-centric competitors
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of trading or business development experience
- Knowledge of trading strategies, derivatives, platforms and tools
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building capabilities with peers and support partners
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently, independently and with teams, to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of the derivatives markets, and options trading strategies;
- Deep interest of market mechanics, technical and fundamental analysis, and risk management techniques
- Solid understanding of managed account products available at Schwab
- Series 7, 63 required; Series 66 may be obtained within 90 days
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, October 5, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, October 23, 2017