Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Retail Web Technology (RWT) department at Charles Schwab is a leading edge organization in terms of technical strategy and delivery. We are currently undergoing a transformation to a more agile/lean process methodology, with a vision to get to Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery. We are implementing cutting edge Agile practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Paired Programming. We are also adopting Lean Management practices such as Standard Work, Visual Management Systems and Gemba Walks.
The primary responsibility of the Managing Director within Retail Web Technologies is to manage software delivery on the www.schwab.com and m.schwab.com platforms. This role would include both Project and Maintenance work.
- Build a high performance, engaged and motivated team
- Help guide the team to adopt new delivery practices
- Provide strategic management of projects milestones, meeting budget and delivery timeframes
What you’ll do:
This individual will engage primarily with direct and indirect reports and business partners, including application developers, technical analysts, architects, QA, Project Managers, program management, business partners, domain partners, as well as cross enterprise Managers and Officers. This position will report to the VP of Retail Web Technologies.
A successful individual has strong organizational and people leadership capabilities to facilitate a transition to Agile oriented Product Development teams. The Managing Director will have the ability to understand, align, and communicate Retail Web Technology's services to senior business. You will demonstrate a proactive attitude and lead change within the organization.
What you have:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 8 + years of IT project leadership experience in technical, project and offshore vendor management capabilities
- 8 + years of people management experience with at least 5 direct reports
- 5+ years of experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies
- Prior experience with Agile (Scrum/XP) processes in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change & release management
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology & trends
- Domain knowledge and experience in application development, including: client/server, web services, portal, middleware, etc.
- Strong knowledge of software development, testing, maintenance and support
- Experience with deploying and managing content management systems such as Acquia/Drupal
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and HipChat.
- Prior experience selecting new tools when needed.
- Hands on experience managing budgets and prioritize spending
- Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and motivational skills, with the ability to build rapport and grow consensus with peers and other groups
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail & the ability to design, execute & maintain strategic goals & metrics
- 8+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry highly preferred
- Experience with understanding and evangelizing Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development and Pair programming
- Understanding of operating systems, databases, networking, security & business intelligence a plus
- Good knowledge of, Microsoft Office and Development Tools such as TFS a plus
- Prior knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018