We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
To lead our digital strategy team, we are looking for strategic, analytical leader who is truly passionate about consumer behavior. It’s an exciting opportunity to significantly, directly impact acquisition growth & client engagement.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will set the strategy for how we grow and transform our digital consumer experience, targeting both clients and prospective clients. You will develop ideas for how we overcome confusion, complexity, and consumer inertia to get customers to take action. You will explore topics such as shopping & learning journey transformation, device & cross-device acquisition, retargeting and automation/machine learning. You will develop our integrated digital strategic roadmap.
Additionally, you will oversee and nurture our insights & testing program, including:
- Running our testing programs
- Expanding testing into more areas
- Being the evangelist for smarter, more sophisticated, more innovative use of data, technology, and consumer research to uncover insights
- Pilot programs with new vendors to better unearth consumer insights
- Deliver insights & reports that highlight what we can learn from site & digital behaviors
In all your work, you will engage extensively with customer data, competitor data, and first hand consumer research…and you will make sense of that data to determine where and how we grow our business. To help complete this work, you will have a small team, partners in our analytics & technology organizations who are similarly passionate about the work they do and expert vendor/agency partners at your side.
What you have:
- 7+ years of experience demonstrating strategic guidance across executive leadership including:Passion for consumer behavior and for understanding what drives behaviorStrength and experience leading strategy projects/cases and utilizing various strategic frameworks to answer complex consumer and business questions
- Strategy and planning in management consulting or corporate strategy
- Consumer insights and consumer experience
- Digital strategy, digital marketing strategy, acquisition strategy and/or user experience
- A hypothesis-driven approach with expert ability to uncover insight from data and lead analytic projects. Experience using analytic platforms and with analytic modeling is a plus, but not a must as we will have partners to help with the heavy lifting
- A results orientation with an ability to develop and communicate big-picture vision and strategy, and deliver results through practical, disciplined execution.
- Experience managing testing and research programs, such as A/B or multivariate testing, exit surveys, crowd-sourced research, and usability research
- Strength cultivating strong relationships inside and outside, as well as collaborating with and influencing others
- Comfort as a ‘do-er’ and a ‘manager’ and an ability to excel in both roles
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, propose innovative ideas big and small, and stand up for brave ideas in order to drive significant and measurable improvements
- Knowledge of the B2C financial services industry – including an understanding of the consumer needs, the business structures and the regulatory requirements (strongly preferred)
- Strength building high performing, engaged teams
- An undergraduate degree is required and an MBA or other graduate degree is preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Marketing-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017