San Francisco - CA, BRCAS2, 211 Main Street, 94105
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $300 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
The Investor Stewardship team is a member of the Investment Research Group, along with the Municipal and Taxable Research, Risk, and Fiduciary Oversight teams. The Group is responsible for managing all CSIM’s proxy governance activities, as well as creating and implementing credit policies, establishing risk parameters, and monitoring regulatory and internal guidelines.
The Investor Stewardship team is committed to ensuring our funds’ proxy ballots are voted in the best interest of our funds’ shareholders. We accomplish this through in-depth research into corporate governance topics, the development of thoughtful and practical proxy voting policies, and engaged oversight of CSIM’s proxy advisors. The Director will be focused on the development of research projects to support our custom voting policies, as well as ongoing oversight of our proxy process and oversight of our advisors.
What you’ll do:
- Join a growing team of analysts who focus on investor stewardship for passive and quantitative equity strategies across multiple product types.
- Monitor industry practices and regulatory developments related to investor stewardship.
- Vote proxies at company shareholder meetings in the US and Canadian markets in accordance with board approved guidelines.
- Foster ongoing review of CSIM’s custom voting policies with an eye to ensuring custom policies incorporate timely academic research and industry practices.
- Support the VP of Investment Stewardship in efforts needed to gain approval of new policies from senior management through to the Funds’ Board of Directors.
- Maintain strong relationships with our proxy advisors, including ongoing due diligence, evaluation and contract renewal.
- Support other Schwab entities relying on our voting model. Oversee all aspects of the CSIM Proxy Voting Policies & Procedures including completing periodic reporting related to CSIM’s proxy voting.
- Develop relationships with experts in the stewardship and ESG fields, and integrate new insights in propriety research
What you have:
- Knowledge of current investment stewardship industry issues through 5+ years of experience in proxy policy roles at a proxy advisor, investment advisor, or asset owner.
- Familiarity with principal proxy advisors and investment advisor voting issues, as well as industry-leading investors’ voting policies
- Familiarity with ESG competitive landscape, ESG current issues and data
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Law preferred
- Must have strong analytical, writing and presentation skills to support oral and written communication with senior management.
- Database / data analytics are a plus
- Must be extremely organized and able to work independently or as part of a team to support the ongoing efforts to best support CSIM’s investor stewardship activities.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2017