We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Data Discovery & Protection (DDP) team is part of the Schwab Cybersecurity Services (SCS) department in the Schwab Technology Services (STS) enterprise. The DDP team serves as a safeguard to ensure Schwab’s client and other confidential information are properly protected and managed.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for all aspects of operational and project-related functions pertaining to data loss prevention and other data governance technologies.
- Gather requirements, design, test, implement, operate, troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of problems.
- Formulate appropriate data protection and data quality monitoring/response rules to enforce a variety of corporate security and compliance policies.
- Coordinate and perform data remediation as needed.
- Monitor system performance and control effectiveness.
- Tune data protection policy rules to maintain maximum effectiveness.
- Perform data quality monitoring and provide metrics for executive reporting.
- Provide technical mentoring of junior staff.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or related fields, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of IT system administration experience, with strengths in the following technical areas: Operating systems and user administration (Windows and Linux) and scripting (e.g., Windows and Linux shell, VB, Python, Java, Perl)
- Strong functional familiarity with one or more of the following: database administration (e.g., MS-SQL, Oracle); SMTP messaging systems (e.g., Microsoft Exchange, sendmail), SharePoint administration, DNS and TCP/IP Internet and networking technologies within large distributed environments.
- 3+ years of Data Loss Prevention, Data Lifecycle Management or Data Governance work experience, using Symantec, IBM, or equivalent enterprise solutions,
- An excellent understanding of data protection and governance system administration, processes, policies and procedures.
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data and report findings.
- Experience with data policy execution, tuning and maintenance, process design, process improvement.
- Ability to think independently, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex business and technical problems related to information risk.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong MS-Office skills, including Excel, Access.
- Experience with developing requirements, system analysis, system development, change management, and implementation.
- Good understanding of information security principles, best practices or security technologies.
- Functional knowledge of relevant financial regulatory requirements (e.g., PCI and GLBA)
- Professional security certifications (e.g., SANS or CISSP).
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility and urgency
Committed to Excellence: Sets ever increasing standards for performance, holding self and others accountable
Collaborative: Capitalizes on the diverse experience and the expertise of colleagues and builds commitment around vision and priorities
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, October 2, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017