Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Gena Elise Goolsby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a highly motivated and well-organized developer, familiar with web based systems, to join our Test Environment Management Services (TEMS) team. The TEMS team ensures that the mainframe test environments are available and stable and that the test system adequately represents production systems. The team also handles all development, maintenance and support activities to continually align the test system with changes as they happen both before and after production installations.
What you’ll do:
You will be part of a small application development team that supports the provisioning of data to test system clients using multiple home grown tools. You will develops ASP.NET and C# code with minimal assistance based on designs provided by technical leads. You will work closely with DBA teams and application developers, coding design enhancements to TEMS web based programs, and documenting and deploying TEMS processes using approved tools. You will build front end applications in C#/.NET. You will manage a dynamic workload, keeping track of work priorities and escalate issues when appropriate. You will give informal presentations and actively participate in meetings.
What you have:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience developing .NET/C# applications
- 2 years’ experience developing with ASP.NET, C#, HTML5, JQuery, SQL
- Experience with design patterns such as MVC
- At least 1-2 years of experience writing moderate to complex SQL queries
- Able to work cooperatively as part of a team or individually self-managing tasks
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with Angular
- Prior experience with Oracle 11g or higher
- Experience in .Net with Web services
- Experience with mainframe TSO and COBOL
- Good understanding of XML technologies such as XSD and XQuery
- Experience with Restful services and JSON data interchange
- Experience with mainframe TSO and COBOL
- Experience with Web services
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, September 29, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, February 23, 2018