Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Model Risk Management is a strategic function within the broader Corporate Risk Management umbrella that utilizes a broad spectrum of models to create innovative products for our clients, and to prudently manage our financial risk using sophisticated quantitative approaches. The Model Risk Management team plays a key role in identifying, reviewing, and monitoring all of the models used throughout the company.
We are looking for a project leader and validator to play a critical part in the growing responsibilities of the Model Risk Management team. In this role you will coordinate and lead several group projects involving the development and implementation of model governance framework and activities. You will also help to implement the departmental training program, including developing and performing trainings on new model governance activities. Additionally, you will participate in the validation of the technical environments and controls for several models used by the company.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and lead group projects involving the development and implementation of model governance activities, including those associated with capital stress testing (CCAR and DFAST).
- Manage project planning including scoping, engagement of all applicable individuals, scheduling, identifying and monitoring timelines, milestones, tasks, resources, artifacts evidencing completion of the projects, and analysis of dependencies, risks and critical paths that may affect project execution.
- Manage post-implementation evaluation of project results, and deliver concise and clear summaries and presentations documenting completion of the projects and evidencing achievement of the established goals and objectives.
- Manage and track execution of the departmental training program, including the development and presentation of trainings on new and existing model governance activities, and the maintenance of self-guided training material.
- Engage with business partners across the company and participate in model technical validations by ensuring that process and data controls related to access, quality assurance, change management, and archival are sufficient.
- Act as an interface with internal and external independent reviewers, including regulatory and audit teams.
- Participate in periodic department gap analyses to ensure that model risk management is current with both regulatory guidance and industry best practices.
- This is an individual contributor role.
What you have:
- 2+ years of related experience in a relevant field (software/hardware, risk management, model development, audit/regulatory examinations, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or technical discipline (engineering, technology, finance, economics, accounting, hard sciences, etc.); master's degree highly preferred.
- Strong project management, leadership, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the controls and techniques use to ensure the integrity of processes and technical tools (software, databases, etc.) is preferred.
- Data analysis skills and knowledge of associated tools (e.g., Excel, MATLAB, SAS, R, Python, etc.) and techniques (e.g., filtering/sorting, reconciling, reporting, analysis).
- Experience with databases, such as MS Access, and collaboration tools, such as SharePoint is helpful.
- Experience performing independent gap analysis and audits is helpful.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages and analytical tools is preferred (C++, C#, Java, VBA, Python, MATLAB, R, SAS, etc.).
- Strong analytical, written, presentation and oral communication skills with experience in communicating with senior management.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017