Austin - TX, AUSTINB, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Retirement Business Services (RBS), a division within Advisor Services, provides trust, custody, trading, and technical services through the Business Trust Division of Charles Schwab Bank, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Retirement Technologies. RBS is growing rapidly by providing retirement plan trust and custody services to independent recordkeepers, Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) and Third Party Administrators (TPAs), and leads the industry in servicing retirement plans through intermediary relationships. The Retirement Business Services (RBS) Conversion Group's objective is to manage the seamless conversion of over 1,000 employee benefit plans per/year. A strong understanding of the retirement market and the ability to coordinate multiple parties involved within a conversion of retirement plans is paramount to our success. Relationship building plays an important role in the organization to ensure that Schwab Bank remains the preferred choice for new trust and custody business.
What you’ll do:
The position is responsible for managing new plan integration, and reviews plan documents for acceptance. The candidate will assist with coordinating new plan conversions and oversees the asset review process for adding investments and transfer of assets for new plans. He/she will work closely with Relationship Managers and Operational teams to successfully transition new business and support existing clients. Qualified applicant will have exceptional communication skills enabling them to interact with various clients and management levels within and outside our firm.
- Primary contact for all conversion related activity for the Independent Recordkeeper and/or Advisor
- Daily review of Charles Schwab Bank onboarding legal agreements
- Review of system set ups and databases prior to conversion completion
- Daily correspondence to Recordkeepers and/or Advisors relating to new business
- Review of plan types and specifications to support business exception requests
- Develop productive relationships with various operation teams, legal, and relationship managers
What you have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years financial services experience ideally with employee benefit plans providing trust/custody or recordkeeping services.
- Strong understanding of rules governing qualified retirement plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate/Proficient working knowledge of software applications including Word, Excel, and trust accounting systems, such as SEI
- Detail oriented
- Strong customer focus, including ability to think in terms of customer experience
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines within a dynamic environment
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 16, 2017