San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate Planning team is responsible for Forecasting, Planning and Reporting firm-wide financials to Finance leadership and corporate executives. This role will have particular focus on Schwab’s expenses and will work closely with teams across the Finance organization to support the decision making of the Company’s executive and senior management. Responsibilities include driving corporate planning and forecasting process and deliverables as well as articulating month-end results.
What you’ll do:
- Work alongside multiple finance teams to collect and analyze expense inputs for monthly, quarterly and annual planning, forecasting and reporting
- Perform variance analysis, evaluate and consolidate risks and opportunities and prepare total company monthly financial reports
- Evaluate and prepare presentation materials to support the review and discussion of expense forecasts with the Finance organization and Schwab’s executive management
- Understand Schwab’s business enterprises, expense profiles and key drivers of cost
- Respond to business partner questions and perform ad hoc analysis on various expense items
- Suggest, implement and communicate changes to the corporate planning and forecasting process to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Be a thought partner with technology colleagues to continuously improve the corporate finance planning platform
- Participate in projects for new initiatives, process improvements or technology development or implementation
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in a finance or analytical role
- Understanding of financial and accounting principles and concepts
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail in both process and output
- Ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form
- Capable of working independently on multiple deliverables concurrently and completing projects with minimal supervision
- Comfortable partnering with staff and management, working with highly confidential data and be effective in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Outstanding client focus is a must, along with a strong work ethic and “can-do” attitude
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of TM1 or similar database/OLAP tool
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, September 25, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017