We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The individual must have worked in an Enterprise Environment that demands a highly secure, highly reliable, highly resilient, growing network environment with respect to LAN, load balancing and data center hosting and extranet VPN technologies. This position must have hands on experience and be able to test/validate and create implementation templates for new products that are being brought into the environment. Recent and relevant experience with Cisco IOS and NXOS based enterprise datacenters, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, F5 GTM and LTM solutions/services also preferred.
This role is responsible for leading the migration of a business critical data center network architecture from legacy, multi-vendor load balancing platforms to current F5 solutions using LTM and GTM. Understanding of, and experience implementing F5 iRules, Security Modules (ASM/AFM/APM) and Iquery/Icontrol based solutions is critical. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in Network Security best practices relating to current distributed attack models, including identification, characterization, and mitigation of attacks.
What you’ll do:
• Evaluate legacy architectures and lay-out plans to migrate to current solutions
• Proactive self-starter with the ability to direct their own work flow as well as those of others.
• Act as a strong technical leader and SME for projects within your area of expertise
• Lead Migration and implementation teams
• Mentor and coach junior members of the technical team
What you have:
- Strong ability to work within a distributed team setting and maintain a positive and professional composure in a work environment that often requires management/completion of multiple concurrent tasks within close deadlines and high demands, with a high degree of accuracy and detail
- Quickly analyze, understand, document, and explain complex Network and data center architecture
- Make recommendations for new technologies in support of Network, data center and Network Security architectures and services
- Subject Matter expert with F5 products & technology (GTM, LTM, SSL offloading, ASM, APM, AFM etc.) including strong understanding of the different load balancing options and features to include: OneConnect, Persistence, SSL offload functions, HTTP profiles, iRules, etc.
- A strong understanding of the Global Traffic Manager and Iquery functionality between LTM & GTM for a HA design
- Excellent Communication skills.
- 10+ years’ experience in technically focused Information Technology roles
- 8+ years’ specific to Network and/or Network Security technologies
- 5+ years’ experience with F5 technologies
- 5+ years’ experience supporting mission critical, geographically dispersed high availability data center architectures
- 3+ years’ experience and solid understanding of Cisco Nexus platform
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Good overall network background with an understanding of routing and switching protocols, as well as application layer protocols
- Applicant must have an understanding of load balancing strategies/techniques, expertise in application switching/traffic management, knowledge of persistence and SSL certificates and security modules (ASM/APM/AFM)
Experience in Juniper and Cisco network design, deployment and troubleshooting
Experience with Firewalls, Unix & Linux Admin
Provide support for security solutions related to Bluecoat Proxy, configuring solutions in the development, test and production environment
Experience configuring and deploying Juniper firewalls including adding VLANs and routing protocols
Juniper JUNOS and Palo Alto firewall experience highly desirable
Linux or other UNIX based operating system experience a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, September 22, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 23, 2017