San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Do you enjoy leading edge technologies such as micro services, cloud computing, AI, and big data? Do you like the challenge of identifying and solving problems no one else has done before? Do you want to be part of a fast paced career development program with real-world leading edge products? If the phrase “think out of the box” doesn’t mean anything to you because for you, there is no box. Then we want to talk to you.
We have a unique technology program for recent graduates like you to help you build your career in an innovative environment.
What you’ll do:
There will be two tracks in the program (Development, Scrum Master) and it will support a 9-12 month combined curriculum combined with on-the-job training within unique programs that include innovation and the ability to explore multiple positions to find your dream job while enabling you to make a difference in people’s lives.
What you will get out of the program:
- An opportunity to explore multiple positions to find your dream job while enabling you to make a difference in people’s lives
- Achievement awards within each track
- Graduating from our Schwab New Employee Recruitment & Development program will empower you to be the best you can be.
- An accelerated professional development across two technology disciplines
- A detailed; goal-oriented learning plan which includes Schwab’ business model and technology strategies
What you have:
- Experience with algorithm design
- Basic understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with data structures
- Java or C# development
- Familiarity with RESTful web services and Cloud APIs is a plus
- Database modeling is a plus
- UX, Web development or mobile development is a plus
- Inventiveness and eagerness to work with experimental technology is a must!
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Westlake|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Monday, September 25, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, March 26, 2018