Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Shared Infrastructure Services & Solutions (SISS) in Schwab Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) seeks a highly professional self-starter with proven project management skills. The successful candidate will be a core part of the SISS team, and therefore, have excellent communication, stakeholder management and team building skills. Experience managing multiple, complex projects is essential. This position will work across Schwab Technology Services (STS), reporting to the TIS Project Management Office.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple, often complex projects to successful completion.
- Develop and manage relationships with and between all key program stakeholders, including the negotiation of roles and responsibilities.
- Set clear expectations regarding artifacts, meetings, reporting and communication for all projects.
- Review critical artifacts to gain an understanding of project deliverables, ensure quality of content, and support the effective management of risks/issues.
- Ensure realistic and reliable staffing plans across projects, focusing on the availability and commitment of appropriately skilled resources.
- Ensure project adherence to corporate standards including Security, Legal, Compliance, Vendor Management, etc.
- Track and regularly report project level activity and progress.
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Engage in building consensus, and developing recommended solutions as issues arise.
- Understand and manage dependencies and priorities across the projects, and ensure an integrated implementation of project deliverables.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, and determining and conveying impact.
- Manage project financials, if required.
What you have:
- Bachelor degree in Business or Technology, or equivalent experience and training.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Project Management required; PMP desirable.
- Experience with Waterfall, RUP and Agile methodologies preferred.
- Experience managing technology projects required; experience with technology infrastructure projects highly preferred.
- Must be:
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive.
- Detailed oriented and organized.
- Must have:
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including data gathering, reporting, and trend analysis.
- Strong PowerPoint skills and presentation ability.
- Proven experience with planning & reporting tools:
- Project and Portfolio Management (e.g., CA Clarity PPM, Jira)
- Project planning (e.g. MS Project, etc.)
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Disciplined: Highly disciplined in how resources are used; designs and champions ideas to drive efficiency
Collaborative: Capitalizes on the diverse experience and the expertise of colleagues and builds commitment around vision and priorities
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
Relationship Oriented: Builds trusted relationships with colleagues around the firm and across multiple levels of the organization
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, September 22, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017