Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Lee Ann Leonhart
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the SVP, Sales & Relationship Management, The VP of Sales & Relationship Management is responsible for all Retirement Plan Provider sales, business development, relationship management, and the Schwab Retirement Network, a lead program for our clients. Retirement plan providers include plan sponsors, record keepers, registered investment advisors, and corporate clients. Also play a major role in our client events, marketing, and business strategy. Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all new sales, client inquiries, client strategies, problem resolution, price negotiation, client communications, and client events.
- Build strong working relationships with numerous departments within Schwab to ensure cross-selling of RBS products across the Investor Service and Advisor Service enterprises.
- Serves on the management team, strategy, client acceptance, and pricing teams and plays a key role in influencing strategy, pricing, marketing, and product direction.
- Lead a team focused on call center service for retirement plan leads for RBS and SRPS
- Shape the business development efforts, and manage a group of Business Development Officers, ensuring maximizing impact and asset gathering from Retirement Plan Providers.
- Shape the existing client relationship management strategy and manage a group of relationship managers to maximize client satisfaction and share of wallet.
- Developing and delivering presentations to senior management and large, diverse audiences, such as the AS Leadership Team, AS Strategy, AS clients at IMPACT or other client events, and the Executive Committee.
- Leveraging market research, client surveys and analysis to understand the current and future needs of the segment and use these insights to drive innovative and forward-thinking solutions to help growth the business, scale and prepare for the future.
What you’ll do:
- A minimum 10 years leadership experience in a sales, business development or relationship management leadership role in the retirement space.
- Working knowledge of wealth management investment and banking products, with a focus on client needs and effective distribution practices. Experience with how brokerage firms operate and able to assess the impact of initiatives and implement changes effectively.
- Responds to client and field input to best address all issues and opportunities in order to make sound, timely decisions while demonstrating a strong, recognizable leadership brand.
- An influential leader who inspires and motivates teams and is able to create an innovative vision for the future with the ability to take a highly disciplined and creative approach in resource allocation.
- Proactively confronts challenges and is able to make tough choices while confidently communicating difficult messages with transparency and candor.
- Ability to leverage strategic and analytical capabilities in order to support and maintain a strong production environment including evaluating risk versus expense versus the client experience.
- Displays confidence and courage in business and talent decisions, actions and communications with a demonstrated ability to take decisive action when needed, including championing ideas, position or dissent to best drive efficiency.
- Able to act decisively in making solid, informed judgment calls in response to both the technological and critical regulatory environment as they relate to day-to-day business issues.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and senior level executive presence.
- Highly collaborative and able to create followership; thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong authentic relationships inside and outside the group; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos.
- Series 7, 63, 9/10, and 24.
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 24, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Retirement Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, September 22, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017