Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Retirement Plan Services provides third party recordkeeping and retirement plan administration to midsized and large employers nationwide. Schwab believes the provider matters, and we are committed to the financial fitness of all participants and clients. We assist plan sponsors to ensure the plans are operated in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA, following IRS and DOL regulations and plan provisions.
Our group is responsible for preparing ADP/ACP testing, Top Heavy testing, Coverage testing, 401(a)(4) Nondiscrimination testing, and Form 5500s within the statutory timelines established by the code. We also assist clients with preparation of allocations of employer contributions and specialized testing. Our department partners closely with the Client Services department to assist with higher level client issues and to assist with external auditor requests.
What you’ll do:
- Full responsibility for ADP/ACP and other required annual plan testing
- Form 5500 preparation and responding to external auditor requests for a caseload of low to medium complexity plans.
- The position will have direct contact with plan sponsors and their external auditors to add value and retain clients.
- Additional departmental project responsibilities are also included.
The position is Associate on the ERISA Compliance team for our Austin, TX location.
What you have:
- This is an entry level position.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- The candidate must have a strong commitment to the highest level of client service, strong problem solving skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Position requires thorough knowledge of the IRS & DOL Code and Regulations.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Retirement Services-less than 2yrs, Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, OH - Richfield
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, October 6, 2017