Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented Sr. Software Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. The focus of this role will be within our Order and Execution Management System (OEMS), which handles all equity, option and futures order flow for the firm and consists of a core routing and execution processing engine, external FIX connectivity to 12+ venues and a robust user-interface used by our operational teams to manage the order flow.
The Sr. Software Engineer will be a hands-on lead developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, scalable software. The candidate will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software releases.
What you’ll do:
- Primary responsibility is development\testing of changes - working closely with system Technical Lead to ensure quality implementation
- Interface with Product Owner and Scrum Team members across Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
- Collaborate with business partners to translate requirements into technical specifications
- Partner with Scrum Master and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks to achieve software quality standards
- Create the following artifacts for each project: Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages
What you have:
- Minimum 7+ years development experience
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Expert in object oriented analysis, SOA, design, development, implementation and maintenance.
- Proficient building server side applications based upon Microsoft technologies, specifically utilizing Visual Studio, C++ and C#
- Prior experience in trading and FIX is highly preferred
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Independently plans own work and is accountable to meet schedules and deliverables
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Thursday, September 21, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 22, 2017