We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented software technical lead who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. As a technical lead engineer you will be a hands-on lead developer who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. Your role will be split equally between designing & leading the team, as well as, being a hands on developer, and will require the successful candidate to be responsible for individual coding contributions, in addition leading the development team. The candidate will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
What you’ll do:
- Leading technical teams in delivering highly scalable and reliable applications that meet business priorities while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision.
- Managing day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support agile software development practices.
- Work in partnership with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Product team and other stakeholders to produce high quality products developed to the requirements and delivered on time and budget.
- Work with Scrum Master and product owner to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards.
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various sub-systems
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
- Assist Scrum Master in resolving needs and roadblocks identified by team members
- Ensure the coordination of individual team deliverables are synchronized as necessary to achieve product releases
- Provide hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Create artifacts for each project such as Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies
- Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business
What you have:
You should possess a keen desire and passion to produce usable and scalable software using advanced development technologies. As a developer you will designing and deploying enterprise applications with C# and .NET in a multi-threaded application software development.
The following qualifications are sought for this key technical position:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience serving in the role of technical lead on an agile scrum team
- Minimum 10+ year’s of software development experience, 5+ year’s team leadership experience
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language).
- Expert in object oriented analysis, SOA, design patterns, development, implementation and maintenance.
- Proficient building server side applications based upon Microsoft technologies, specifically utilizing Visual Studio and C#
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NO SQL databases, and SQL is preferred
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards and Guidelines
- Independently plans own work and is accountable to meet schedules and deliverables
- Experience providing guidance, direction, and feedback to other technical staff in order to meet agreed upon objectives.
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Thursday, September 21, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, December 21, 2017