Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Retail Web Technology team (RWT) is a collaborative team that is in the process of a large transformation to Lean, Agile and Continuous Delivery practices. The CD practices include Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and creation of an automated deployment pipeline among other practices.
We are looking for a talented technical director to join the Retail Web Technology (RWT) leadership team. The individual will assist the Scrum teams with these practices and also help with the transition of the platform from dedicated infrastructure to a cloud platform such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry. This individual should be a recognized technical leader and have a passion for keeping up-to-date and using cutting-edge web technologies to build interactive web applications.
What you’ll do:
The Retail Web Technology team (RWT) seeks a highly talented senior technologist to lead solution architecture areas on Schwab.com. You will be joining us as a Technical Director (Senior Technical Web Architect) focused on providing architectural guidance and ensuring the technical solutions implemented in right way across multiple projects and Scrum teams. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skill and the ability to influence partners through technology challenges while driving towards target architecture.
- Provide vision, design, and leadership to the technology teams responsible to implement, evolve and enhance web applications.
- Participate as an influencer/ thought leader for software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and build high performing, scalable web applications with modular widgets/views.
- Actively collaborate with the development teams and technology leaders across Schwab technology on product development, best practices, and automation.
- Provide direction on web development, application, and testing frameworks to leverage for implementing the required design such MV* frameworks such as backbone.js and AngularJS.
Successful candidates have the ability to be self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels. Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have:
You possess a keen knowledge, desire, and passion to produce usable and scalable web software using advanced development technologies.
- 5+ years of Technical Architect / Director level experience
- Strong understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects
- Strong demonstrated experience in application performance tuning and capacity planning
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and experience applying client side MV* frameworks such as backbone.js and angularJS
- Experience in Web Accessibility, UML & Responsive Design and Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Experience in developing against NoSQL systems like MongoDB
- Experience with WebAPI and RESTful services
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and HipChat
- Experience in migrating and deploying web applications to Pivotal Cloud Foundry or other cloud platforms (Azure, AWS) is a plus
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery practices is a plus
- Knowledge of Web Content Management Systems is a plus
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, February 9, 2018