Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Erika Jessica Pullem
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Cost Basis Operations (CBO) provides premium cost basis researching, updating and reporting services for all client segments, and as such works in close partnership with Advisor Services Client Reporting, Tax Reporting, Client Reporting Services, among others. CBO is the business owner for SPARKS (Schwab Portfolio Accounting and Record Keeping System) and is responsible for cost basis data quality.
What you’ll do:
Responsibilities of this position include researching, reconciling, analyzing and updating cost basis for both retail and institutional (advisors) clients. Research involves corporate actions, options related reconciliation, fixed income, and cost basis transfers.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- 2+ years of experience working in financial services industry.
- Highly motivated and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a passion for service quality.
- Expertise in cost basis reporting topics such as impact of return of capital transactions, corporate actions, amortization/ accretion, etc.
- Knowledge of portfolio accounting systems.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, ability to work with large data sets.
- Working knowledge of cost basis reporting topics such as impact of return of capital transactions, corporate actions, amortization/ accretion, etc
- Series 7 license preferred.
Can hire at an Specialist or Senior Specialist level depending on experience and licensures.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Customer Orientation: Lets customers know he/she is willing to work with them to meet their needs.
- Initiative: Identifies: what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required to.
- Thoroughness: Carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of information in work reports (e.g., production, sales, financial performance) provided by management, management information systems, or other individuals and groups.
- Analytical Thinking: Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information and resolves the situation
- Innovation: Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Fostering Team Work: Seeks opportunities to work on teams as a means to develop experience and knowledge.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-less than 2yrs, Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, International-less than 2 yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, International-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, International-2-5 yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Trading-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018