Austin - TX, AUSTINB, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Defined Benefit Administration team is responsible for providing plan administration service and technical compliance support within standards and service objectives, which includes the understanding of complexities of all facets of administering qualified defined benefit retirement plans.
What you’ll do:
As a Defined Benefit Administration Associate, you will be accountable to efficiently deliver quality service to clients, participants and business partners by: Managing work flow of the daily activities for defined benefit plan administration. Processing participant requests and preparing associated forms and correspondence for distribution to participants. Properly handling notifications of participant deaths, verifying beneficiary information and preparing associated documents. Establishing payments and entering changes such as addresses, tax withholdings and direct deposit information. Effectively communicate client data/information to business partners courteously, timely and with a thorough response. Protect, secure, and handle all confidential data held by Schwab to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transition and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to clients and participants. Preparing and distributing various reports requested by plan sponsors and designing and modifying various administrative forms as needed. Develop and maintain knowledge of defined benefit retirement plans and the Schwab record keeping systems. Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in business administration or related field and experience in pension plan benefits administration.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years relevant work experience in the field of retirement plan administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, specifically Word and Excel required.
- Ability to work effectively and cohesively in teams and influence outcomes.
- Ability to work at a fast pace to meet deadlines with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Effective organizational skills to manage projects and assignments with varying degrees of priority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Retirement Services-less than 2yrs, Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Banking-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, OH - Richfield
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, October 14, 2017