Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Amber Marie Spiewak
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Work with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years through an internship with Charles Schwab. Schwab’s mission is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab Intern Academy is our centrally managed summer internship program that recruits juniors and rising seniors within a year of graduation. As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2018 program include:
- Business Track Project:Work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Feedback Loop: Receive regular feedback from your manager, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Gain support by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and aim to exceed client expectations
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate program tracking to a bachelor’s degree
- Plan to graduate between December 2018 and May/June 2019
- Can work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 9-week program (June 11 to August 10)
- Have specific skills as needed by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: The 2018 Schwab Intern Academy features multiple job opportunities. We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
Vendor Technology Risk Management Intern for Information Security Risk Management
Information Security Risk Management is responsible for the oversight of cybersecurity strategy development & implementation, developing security risk policy, establishing standards, measuring, monitoring, testing and providing independent governance, oversight and reporting of information security matters. The ISRM organization supports all of Schwab’s business enterprises and works with a wide range of internal stakeholders including IT, sales and service, strategy and marketing.
The Schwab Vendor Technology Risk Management (VTRM) Intern will be a key member of the VTRM team consisting of information security professionals that are responsible for the program management and enhancement of the Schwab Vendor Technology Risk Management program including designing, developing, updating and implementing Vendor oversight solutions protecting CSC sensitive information. VTRM is exposed to and communicates with all areas of the company while interacting with hundreds of vendors providing services to and on behalf of CSC while supporting the objective of ensuring the protection of Schwab sensitive information that a Vendor may access, process and/or store. The intern will have the opportunity to work with business partners, corporate council and vendors to ensure the maturity and execution of key process while assisting the Schwab business to achieve its objectives.
Help with the following responsibilities:
- You will build processes and controls which enhance Schwab’s vendor oversight program, and help to develop new ideas based on your interactions with partners and vendors.
- You will spend time working with vendors to understand common issues, and help find innovative solutions supporting Schwab business teams achieve business objectives.
- You may work with cross functional teams to define new controls and oversight processes.
- You may work with the Corporate Vendor Management technology team to enhance tools to support information security industry changes.
- You may work with Schwab’s Corporate Council to evaluate and enhance legal controls supporting program changes.
- You will identify opportunities for process improvements to deliver increasing operational efficiency in the vendor security oversight processes.
What you have:
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to influence and persuade partners
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills
- Curiosity to continually reevaluate existing designs
- Ability to track multiple projects (3-4) going on all at once.
- Ability to develop multiple solutions to the same problem and identify the failure mechanisms associated with each.
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
- Understanding of information security “best practices”
What you will learn:
- You will gain a unique understanding of business, technology and information security resulting in a deeper understating of their complexities, trade-offs and impacts.
- You will learn how to analyze and understand highly complex business problems and regulatory requirements that are part of operating in the financial industry.
- You will spend time examining and researching security controls and frameworks to understand what it takes to protect Schwab customer and Schwab information.
- You will learn how to evaluate applicable security controls to apply against vendor services being provided and applicability of compensating controls for vendor security assessments.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017