Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s software engineers engage in a leading edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life impacting moves with their financial worth. We are looking for engineers who love their craft and who know that career development means becoming a master of your craft. We take our responsibility to support, teach and develop our team very seriously, and we expect you to be driven to learn and grow and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you’ll do:
Our senior software applications engineer will have a high level of proficiency organizing information and communicating what they know to others. You’ll need the ability to listen to others with an open mind and be comfortable building the skills and knowledge of your team while in pursuit of a goal. This role is about getting results, so you will need the ability to consistently deliver. You must be able to challenge the status quo in a way that expands the thinking of those around them, not just in a way that simply arouses argument. You must see yourself as high energy and be someone who seeks out engagement with team members. You must be able to coach others as well as be open to receiving coaching. Schwab is a highly collaborative environment, so working well with others is a must.
What you have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science OR related practical experience
- Mastery of tools that contribute to creating enterprise web applications:
- .NET web and service development using c#
- Responsive design, single page apps
- Source control systems
- Web presentation models (such as MVC)
- Tuning and maximizing performance for high volume pages
- Experience with Agile and being a part of a scrum team
- Understanding of patterns and practice
- Can establish or lead application and platform architecture and design and can effectively communicate complex architecture design to others
- Ability to troubleshoot environmental issues
- Ability to conceptualize the best tactical approach for a team to deliver a project
- Ability to coach and mentor other application engineers
- Can layout multiple designs and present pros & cons of each design
- Can contribute to evolving engineering practices
- Driven to identify and evaluate new technologies
- Driven to continuously improve the product and the way the product gets developed
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, December 20, 2017