Indianapolis - IN, INDYC, 8332 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, 46240-2482
Brett Jeffery Henninger
Have you always dreamed of a career as a Financial Consultant? Consider our Schwab Financial Consultant Academy!
At Charles Schwab, we take helping our clients very seriously, and value making a real difference in their lives. That level of commitment sets us apart from our competitors, giving us one of the highest client loyalty ratings in the industry. As we plan for significant growth in our branch offices, seeing things through clients' eyes will continue to be a top priority. If you see yourself in a career building relationships, partnering with clients, providing guidance, and solutions to meet their financial goals, we want to hear from you!
Our Schwab Financial Consultant Academy program prepares high-performing individuals for a Financial Consultant career in one of our branches. We are currently hiring for our upcoming 2018 Academy classes.
The rotational program takes place over 18 to 24 months, in 2 of our major service center location “Indianapolis, IN and Westlake, TX”. Through the Schwab Financial Consultant Academy, you will:
- Gain a valuable head start to your career
- Study and pass FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses
- Develop the unique skill of providing world-class service to clients over the phone while building market expertise in preparation for building individual client relationships
- Learn from a variety of mentors, coaches and leaders that are focused on you and your career
Our investment in you is a mix of blended learning and career development experience designed to support you throughout the program.
“I believe our clients recognize Schwab for the high level of service we provide, and our employees recognize Schwab for the meaningful careers they can create here.” - Brian McDonald, Senior Vice President, Client Service & Support
What you’ll do:
As a participant within Schwab Financial Consultant Academy, your career will begin in our Client Service & Support (CS&S) organization building trust and inspiring confidence through exceptional service, one connection at a time. Additionally, you will:
- Experience the securities industry firsthand as part of a service center team
- Learn how to provide world-class service to clients over the phone while building market expertise in preparation for face-to-face interactions
- Develop consultative skills through a needs-based process to provide helpful and relevant solutions to clients
- Successfully pass the FINRA Series 7 and 66 securities examinations
Successful Academy graduates will be offered a position within a Schwab branch as an Associate Financial Consultant (OR) a Financial Service Professional, for an additional 18 – 24 months, prior to landing in your career as a Financial Consultant. It is important to note that you will likely be required to relocate upon graduating from our Academy.
Hear from Schwab Financial Consultant Academy participants, their coaches and other Schwab employees: http://schw.jobs/IVATo
What you have:
- Career aspirations to build client relationships, providing counsel and guidance
- Commitment to see things through the clients’ eyes
- Ability to establish rapport with clients and explain complicated subjects
- Drive to perform in a face-to-face sales environment
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a bachelor's degree conferred by end of year 2017
This role is located in the following Schwab Contact Centers:
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
“If I had to describe Schwab in one word, it’s opportunity.” - Kendal Robinson, Financial Service Professional, Client Service & Support
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Campus Programs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Banking-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs, No Work Experience, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IN - Indianapolis
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Monday, September 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018