Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) Technology is part of the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization which is responsible for the company’s use of information technology including all telecommunications, operations and client and business applications.
CSIM Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. (CSIM) which is the investment advisor for Schwab’s proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and it includes Schwab’s exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With over $300bn in assets under management, CSIM is the 3rd largest provider of index mutual funds and the 5th largest provider of EFTs.
This Sr. Manager position within CSIM Technology reports directly to the Managing Director and will provide leadership for the Technology Architecture team. The individual will play a key role in developing CSIM’s technology Core platform, critical regulatory compliance initiatives and Schwab’s application modernization roadmap.
What you’ll do:
This is a technology lead role based in Denver, CO, managing the software development lifecycle including the coordination, prioritization and communication across the business product areas. It will include building and realizing the strategy for the teams to support the dynamic needs of the CSIM business.
The role includes the hands-on development and management of both full time employees and contractors, including the vendor relationships with partner firms. The role encompasses establishing and directing the strategic and tactical goals for the teams, building a client driven technology organization improving the software quality, platform and technology service provided to the CSIM business.
In addition to the functional responsibilities within the technology organization, the role will include playing a pivotal role in the strategic architectural roadmap, building proprietary applications where a competitive advantage can be gained and integrating and managing industry leading vendor software to provide a cohesive, flexible platform which can scale effectively for future business growth.
What you have:
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused technology leader with a proven record of software delivery within an investment management firm.
Qualifications & Experience
- A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Minimum of five years’ experience leading an information technology software delivery organization across multiple technical and investment management product disciplines
- At least 5 years’ experience managing the software development lifecycle with a strong breadth of technologies including ETL development, Informatica, SQL, web services, software integrations, cloud applications
- Strong knowledge of Agile development lifecycle
- Ability to step in when needed as a tech lead with technical guidance and design recommendations
- Extensive experience leading solution delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals
- Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon budgets and timeframes
- Substantiated experience raising the bar on staff delivery performance and cultivating high performance work environments
- Significant experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process and business change management
Leadership & Management
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Ability to drive change with external counterparties and vendors, managing and enhancing relationships and services provided
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety factors sometimes with intangible information
- Ability to effectively navigate organization and cross organizational structure and culture to negotiate win-win outcomes for the company
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017