Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $300 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
As a Data Warehouse Product Data Analyst at Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), you will play a key role in the successful implementation of our firm’s central data repository, and supporting operating processes and workflow. Reporting to the Data Warehouse Product Owner, you will work directly with the Data Warehouse technology development team, our business stakeholders, and the Data Management operations team to ensure that this centerpiece to our data strategy is built and released effectively and efficiently, and in order of business priorities.
What you’ll do:
You will provide data analysis and process support and oversight in three main disciplines for our Data Warehouse program:
Building the CSIM Data Warehouse Platform
- Work with the Product Owner to define and prioritize features, functions, and data needed within the CSIM Data Warehouse
- Identify and analyze high-level business requirements and create user stories associated with these requirements
- Work with business and technical analysts to communicate data requirements to the Data Warehouse development and data sourcing teams
- Verify that data feeds, load processes, and exception management processes are built to meet business requirements
Project Governance and Acceptance
- Assist the Product Owner with creation and updates to the Platform roadmap of near- and long-term deliverables
- Validate that user stories have been executed correctly against acceptance criteria
Data Management Operations – Collaborate among development team members and stakeholders to:
- Define the operating workflow for bringing all data elements into production Create the operations procedural playbook for each release to production, and implement these controls as each release is rolled out
- Affect smooth transition of daily operations from the project team to the Production Operations team for ongoing management and maintenance
- Ensure Technology Support production processes and escalation procedures are in place prior to each release
What you have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the asset management industry
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience as a Data Analyst, working on data-intensive projects, ideally on Data Warehouse development and support
- Experience with Eagle PACE is a highly-regarded plus
- Proven experience building and maintaining master data management functionality in a data warehouse environment
- Effective practice with Agile Scrum and are familiar with the Product Owner role
- Experience writing effective User Stories that communicate requirements and acceptance criteria to the development team and Product Owner
- Experience collaborating with technology teams to implement data management solutions
- Experience representing data stakeholders in the implementation of a data warehouse solution
- Ability to communicate proactively and effectively with business and operations users
- Experience creating and implementing operational processes and controls for managing data quality operations
- A drive to maximize efficiency through exception-driven resolution processes
- Working knowledge of Data Governance and how to integrate best practices into development and production releases
- A passion for learning and a spirit of continual self-improvement
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Monday, September 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017