Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Tax Information Reporting Policy & Compliance is a trusted partner that promotes tax compliance through subject matter guidance and oversight. As part of the Corporate Controllers Group, this small team of tax professionals is responsible for providing regulatory compliance oversight and guidance specifically on client tax information reporting and withholding issues for various business partners at Schwab and their affiliates. This position reports to the Vice President of Information Reporting Policy and Compliance.
What you'll do:
The Director, Tax Information Reporting Policy and Compliance will lead a tax function responsible for oversight of the firm's client and vendor tax documentation, withholding, and reporting processes. This function will include:
- Conducting compliance reviews on a wide range of withholding and information reporting processes
- Identifying, measuring, and monitoring the firm's client and vendor tax compliance
- Assisting with the revision and implementation of tax reporting policies and procedures
- Providing detailed verbal and written compliance guidance to various business partners
- Communicating tax rules and regulations in terms understandable to business partners
- Developing strong working relationships with business partners and organize consensus building to resolve complex tax issues
- Constructively challenging ideas with the aim of enhancing controls and compliance
What you have:
In terms of professional qualifications, we seek a professional with strong reach skills, with a focus on tax information reporting compliance and extensive experience in the financial services industry. More specific experience includes:
- Ten years of tax withholding and reporting (chapters 3, 4 and 61) experience, preferably on an information reporting compliance team
- Audit, compliance review and/or tax process review experience required
- Strong working knowledge of FATCA & CRS preferred
- Strong working knowledge of cost basis rules preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to describe complex technical tax issues in a way that non-experts can understand
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Sunday, September 10, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018