Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Supervision & Controls (S&C) is an independent group responsible for providing supervisory support and delivering effective risk management to Schwab’s Investor Services group. Effective supervision is fundamental to Schwab’s commitment to achieve the highest standards of ethical conduct and business growth. S&C team members are comprised of collaborative professionals who manage a diverse set of programs and functions in accordance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements. S&C team members are evaluated on the following attributes: technical supervisory excellence, business understanding, risk identification and resolution, application of holistic supervision, continuous improvement of business processes, effective communication, self-development, relationship building, professional courage/empowerment, positive contribution to projects and leadership.
Within the Supervision and Controls organization, teams and individuals are responsible for supporting unique functions and products that require distinctive expertise and knowledge base. Specialized groups supported include, but are not limited to: International and Global business, Fixed Income, Bank, and Insurance and Annuities. We provide our respective business lines with dedicated supervisory support, employing risk mitigation methods that are tailored to address the department’s individualized risk factors and needs. We also evaluate and develop exclusive exception processes, when warranted, to support the acceptance and ongoing management of higher risk clientele.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Centralized Supervision Manager within Supervision & Controls to support the retail Annuities business. As a Centralized Supervision Manager, you will be responsible for the central supervisory model over insurance and annuity products offered by retail Financial Consultants and Independent Branch Leaders. The successful candidate will have a proven track record that includes supervision of broker/dealer business development activities, with an emphasis on insurance and annuity products. The CSM will assist leadership along with Charles Schwab Insurance Services (CSIS) with complex inquiries and questions on insurance and annuity products, acting as the subject matter expert for Supervision and Controls. The CSM will also provide assistance, support and reporting to management related to sales of insurance and annuity products, including transactional risk items and training needs. The CSM will also assist in the ongoing insurance training of the Centralized Supervision and Controls team.
- Daily supervision of Annuities activities, inclusive of trading, advised offer referral review, communications, and other approvals/reviews as needed.
- Developing an extensive knowledge of the Schwab Annuities and Insurance business model and Schwab products as well as a general understanding of the Schwab Branch and Independent Branch Networks.
- Establishing productive relationships with internal business partners
- Assisting with any other assigned duties.
What you have:
- 5+ years’ supervision experience
- A comprehensive knowledge of annuity products and the financial services industry, including both traditional broker/dealer and independent broker/dealer models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate suitability requirements and regulatory changes to all levels of business partners and management across the firm
- Experience building and managing effective working relationships with business partners
- The ability to provide valuable and applicable input in order to influence the outcome of strategic initiatives and offer assistance towards the achievement of department goals
- When faced with a potential challenge, the candidate must be able to make decisions, synthesize solutions, draw conclusions and understand the relevant implications of given issues through combining sound judgment, knowledge of the industry, compliance and regulatory requirements, and supervision experience
- A proven track record of demonstrating effective application of supervision and oversight capabilities and an ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- A strong aptitude for time management, organization, and prioritization
- The ability to work under intensive deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Active and valid Series 7, 66 (63/65), and 8 (9/10) required
- Active life & health insurance license required (may be offered as a 30 day condition of employment)
- Series 24 preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, Life Insurance, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, IN - Indianapolis, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, September 8, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017