Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advisor Services Technology is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to provide leadership to Agile teams tasked with delivering our next generation Portfolio Management solution for financial advisors.
What you’ll do:
As a Full Stack Technical Lead, your role will be instrumental in setting the technical direction and vision for a team in building next generation portfolio management solution for financial advisors. You will lead a team that will be building full stack applications for independent financial advisors using PaaS, SOA architecture, AngularJS 2.0 and distributed databases. You will collaborate with technology leaders and enterprise architects across Schwab Technology Services on product development, best practices and automation. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced customer focused environment and ready to continuously learn and influence latest technology and practices.
What you have:
- Bachelors in Science in Computer Science or Masters in Computer Science
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in designing and building large scale distributed enterprise web applications
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in object oriented languages such as Java, C# or C++
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in software engineering principles such as software design patterns
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in relational and NoSQL database such as SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop
- Prior hands-on experience in developing and deploying micro-services solutions on cloud infrastructure
- Experience building cloud ready applications using IAAS/PASS concepts in AWS, Azure or similar cloud infrastructure
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Experience collaborating with other senior leaders on other teams and architects
- A yearning to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization are required
- Experience working on event-based and message-driven distributed system
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker, Warden
- Experience with Agile Engineering practices such as TDD, BDD and CI/CD
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, September 8, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017