Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Amber Marie Spiewak
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Work with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years through an internship with Charles Schwab. Schwab’s mission is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab Intern Academy is our centrally managed summer internship program that recruits juniors and rising seniors within a year of graduation. As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2018 program include:
- Business Track Project:Work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Feedback Loop: Receive regular feedback from your manager, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Gain support by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and aim to exceed client expectations
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate program tracking to a bachelor’s degree
- Plan to graduate between December 2018 and May/June 2019
- Can work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 9-week program (June 11 to August 10)
- Have specific skills as needed by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: The 2018 Schwab Intern Academy features multiple job opportunities. We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
Schwab Technology Services Track
Schwab uses innovation and technology to help meet our clients' needs. Schwab's use of information technology, including all telecommunications, operations, and client and business applications supports and spans every enterprise at Schwab.
Whether it's developing new features like mobile applications or enhancing the way we work with internal technology, Schwab Technology Services (STS) is dedicated to delivering an outstanding client experience. From our Web site to wireless, call centers to client branches, STS demonstrates leadership through innovative solutions and superior technology that provide our clients with world-class service.
We develop Web trading and customer reporting systems, integrate business units, maintain core brokerage functionality, operate client server systems, provide network architecture, engineering and capacity planning, and oversee centralized mainframe computer systems and database management.
Interns will assist Schwab’s technology group in varied projects which enhance the way we work with internal technology or with the external client experience. Positions require various technologies including but not limited to: UNIX and Windows, VB, .NET, Java, SQL, XML, database technologies, network security, software development, testing and implementation as well as Main Frame technologies.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, September 7, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017