Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Work with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years through an internship with Charles Schwab. Schwab’s mission is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab Intern Academy is our centrally managed summer internship program that recruits juniors and rising seniors within a year of graduation. As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2018 program include:
- Business Track Project: Work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Feedback Loop: Receive regular feedback from your manager, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Gain support by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and aim to exceed client expectations
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate program tracking to a bachelor’s degree
- Plan to graduate between December 2018 and May/June 2019
- Can work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 9-week program (June 11 to August 10)
- Have specific skills as needed by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: The 2018 Schwab Intern Academy features multiple job opportunities. We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
Corporate Compliance Track
Compliance is a growing and dynamic field within the financial services industry. A 2014 Wall Street Journal article declared “In a U.S. economy struggling to create jobs, at least one field is booming: compliance”. The Compliance Track of Schwab’s Intern Academy is offering a vibrant and unique intern opportunity in either Lone Tree, CO or Austin, TX.
Compliance touches every facet of the financial services industry. The Compliance intern will have the opportunity to work with business partners throughout the organization to help identify, forecast and mitigate risk to our clients and the Firm. Project opportunities are designed and executed with a focus on achieving results. Support of the following responsibilities is likely:
- You may review trading patterns to help identify potential market manipulation.
- You may assist in investigating clients who might be engaging in prohibited activity.
- You may perform gap analysis of existing dataflow; analyze reports to ensure proper data capture and relay.
- You may catalogue, refresh and consolidate various information channels to improve readability and comprehension.
- You may review historical alerts and perform trending analysis.
- You may assist in the effort to identify efficiencies, compile and analyze requisite metrics.
- You may review marketing materials to help ensure our client communications are fair and balanced, and not misleading.
- You may review and enhance internal educational materials to help ensure robust saturation.
What you have
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal).
- Comfort using an array of Microsoft Office utilities: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
- Self-starter mentality with outstanding organizational skills.
- Curiosity to continually reevaluate existing processes, ask questions, seek to understand.
- Ability to track multiple projects (3-4) ongoing at once.
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-location, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
What you will achieve
- You will gain a unique understanding of the broad scope of support Compliance provides.
- You will learn how to interpret and apply a risk based approach to achieving success.
- You will use an array of tools, such as Schwab’s uniquely tailored surveillance systems, to gather and analyze data, research, and communicate with colleagues in the best interest of our clients.
- You will gain exposure to our Licensing & Registration Units, Investment Advisory units, Vulnerable Senior initiatives and various products in the financial services industry (Retirement, Robo-Advisory, ETF’s, and Mutual Funds).
- You will learn from some of the best in the industry by shadowing the Compliance Department’s top leaders as they advise business partners on navigating and managing the potential risks of new products and services. You’ll experience first-hand the importance of effective communication and relationship building skills.
- You will spend time learning what makes Schwab the most trusted brand in financial services.
Upon completion of internship, if potential full-time employment opportunity is offered, available locations are in Phoenix, AZ; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; or Westlake, TX.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017