Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Work with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years through an internship with Charles Schwab. Schwab’s mission is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab Intern Academy is our centrally managed summer internship program that recruits juniors and rising seniors within a year of graduation. As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2018 program include:
- Business Track Project: Work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Feedback Loop: Receive regular feedback from your manager, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Gain support by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and aim to exceed client expectations
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate program tracking to a bachelor’s degree
- Plan to graduate between December 2018 and May/June 2019
- Can work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 9-week program (June 11 to August 10)
- Have specific skills as needed by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: The 2018 Schwab Intern Academy features multiple job opportunities. We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
Charles Schwab’s Central Marketing organization manages the Schwab brand, develops impactful advertising that promotes our products & services and creates the marketing touch points and communications that our clients interact with across a variety of channels. Within this marketing track, interns will be placed under specific teams ranging from Brand & Advertising to Marketing Technology & Operations to Content & Client Marketing. Responsibilities, depending on the team, could include developing campaigns and communications, managing marketing projects and building touch points through marketing platforms / technology.
What you'll do:
The Retail Acquisition Marketing team is responsible for creating and activating marketing programs that increase new to firm client and asset growth and new assets among retail investors.
The ideal candidate is seeking breadth of exposure to a world class marketing organization, and possesses an interest in understanding keen focus consumer insights, marketing and sales alignment and the impact of marketing on key business drivers. This role will work closely with cross functional teams including brand, venture marketing, social media, traditional media, advertising, business development, sales, and creative agencies. This is an opportunity to understand and influence the entire consumer experience that surrounds a marketing program. The intern will develop and implement a recommendation for a multi-channel marketing program that focuses on measurable goals for acquiring new retail clients and assets. Examples of programs include: developing a unique high net worth marketing event series, creating a new client experience strategy, improving a promotional campaign, or launching of a new product/service. Choice of marketing program will be heavily influenced by key business priorities.
Institutional Services Marketing Intern
Intern will provide marketing operations and analysis support to our B2B businesses, including Advisor Services (independent third party advisors) and our Corporate Services areas (401K and equity compensation plans). The intern will leverage data, Marketo (a marketing automation platform) and Salesforce CRM, to deliver value added insights and improve marketing effectiveness. Scope may include opportunities to (1) execute data strategies to better leverage Salesforce CRM, (2) leverage metrics and data to drive insights to optimize spend and (3) support Marketo marketing campaigns configurations.
Marketing Technology & Operations
Marketing Technology & Operations is an emerging discipline focused on the end-to-end optimization of the marketing function including planning & fiscal management, technology & operations and organizational competency. This team will create extraordinary leverage to scale marketing programs through agile, dynamic platforms, people and processes. Responsibilities for the Intern will include building campaigns and flows within our Marketing Automation platform and managing projects within Lead Management and / or our broader Marketing Technology project portfolio.
Content/Client Marketing, Digital Marketing
Schwab’s Digital Marketing team is responsible for managing Schwab’s owned, earned and paid media efforts, including Schwab.com (our largest marketing channel), search engine optimization, paid media, content distribution and social media. The Digital Marketing intern will partner with key internal partners (advertising, product management, measurement + analytics, publishing and technology) and external support (digital creative agency) to develop digital experiences supporting key strategic initiatives that drive new customer acquisition and/or deepen engagement with existing clients. Sample projects include: developing integrated social media strategy for new product launches; managing design of new (or redesign of existing) marketing content on Schwab.com; assessing new creative and technology vendors to deliver immersive digital experience across multiple devices (desktop, tablet, smartphone); developing and executing online testing of new Schwab.com experiences (A/B and Multivariate testing).
What you have:
- Undergraduate or Master's program with majors including Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Digital and Web Design, Advertising, Philosophy, Psychology, Anthropology, Photography
- Recognized ability to build strong personal relationships and trust across large teams of diverse skills and experience
- Ability to map out large scale projects and schedule work accordingly
- Understanding of consumer relations and product offerings
- Brand building awareness
- Strong persuasion and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong organizational skills paired with being self-motivated with solid judgment and ability to think clearly and form a point of view
- High communication and interpersonal skills
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, November 25, 2017