San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) effectively identifies, measures, and manages risk across all subsidiaries and affiliates to support Schwab’s strategic and business objectives. The ERM Framework and governance structure enable a comprehensive approach to managing risks encountered by Schwab in its business activities. The ERM team has well-developed risk-management practices and systems of controls that integrate decisions on strategy, risk-appetite setting, and capital planning across Schwab.
Our Enterprise Risk Management Program Office is looking for a Senior Manager to support their growing team. The ERM Program Office is responsible for both the ERM Framework that supports Schwab's risk management activities as well as the ERM Roadmap which defines the long-term direction of ERM at Schwab. The ERM Program Office also has responsibility for several corporate governance and risk management initiatives including risk programs (e.g. New Products and Services Risk Management Program) and enterprise-wide monitoring efforts (e.g. Aggregate ERM Reporting, effective challenge of the capital stress testing process.) The Senior Manager will report to the Managing Director of the ERM Program office.
In this role you may be required to take on a role within any of the programs and initiatives within the ERM Program Office.
What you'll do:
- Lead the compilation, verification and production of the quarterly aggregate ERM report(s) and related presentation materials to executive management.
- Create status reports on key ERM initiatives for presentation to regulators, senior executives, and Board level committees.
- Assist the M.D. ERMPO with the management of the new products and services program to effectively document and monitor related risks, including:
- Maintain policies, processes and procedures reflecting the program.
- Facilitate effective risk assessments of new products and services, both pre-launch and post-implementation, to evaluate if they align with the Firm’s strategic direction and established risk appetite.
- Assist the product sponsors as needed to drive consistency in documentation of risk assessments and reporting.
- Assist the product sponsor in the committee approval process for implementation of new products and services.
- Assist with CRM communications, manage the plan for board of directors training and maintain the ERMPO intranet site.
- Manage department-wide All Hands process for 200+ attendees across multiple locations.
- Conduct research related to the ERM Framework, standards, and financial services industry practices as assigned by Managing Director of ERM Program Office and present results in an actionable format.
- Assist the M.D. or V.P. of the ERM Program Office in preparing presentations and communication materials to internal executives, external parties, and regulators.
- Escalate risks and issues to the M.D. or V.P. of ERMPO, and document decisions arising from relevant management and board governance committees.
- Build and display familiarity with the industry oversight bodies, guidelines, laws, and regulations to assist in risk impact analysis to the organization.
- Assist with the creation of training or support as deemed necessary, to various stakeholders in order to drive awareness and understanding of ERM.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and ideally, 5 years of risk management with a total of over 8 years of professional experience. Or an advanced degree, 4 years of risk management and a total of 7 years of professional experience.
- Financial services industry and risk management experience.
- Experience in creating documents and reports for presenting to executive level audience.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to effectively manage several projects at once and identify and implement process improvements.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent document editing and document presentation skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally - approximately 10%.
- Familiarity with corporate governance, drafting policies and procedures, enterprise or operational risk, board level reporting, and risk assessments.
- Knowledge of risk management processes and financial services industry.
- Sharp critical thinking skills (creative, strategic, and practical), ability to focus on the most vital areas, problem-solving skills, and strong business and relationship judgment.
- Adept at communicating at all levels with the ability to constructively engage a diverse group of people in a productive dialogue.
- Confidence and presentation skills with the ability to inform and persuade both orally and in writing.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017