We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advisor Services Technology (AST) team is responsible for leading a coordinated technology approach to developing and maintaining one of Schwab’s primary digital channels. Our goal is to create a seamless experience across our mobile, web and downloadable platforms that are powerful yet simple for our customers to use.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a motivated developer to join our web applications team. This individual should have a passion for the user experience and leading-edge visualizations and interactions. As a member of the development team you will participate in the design and implementation of web applications using modern web technologies. You will also participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and component-based architecture. You must actively
collaborate with the team in ongoing product development, including design, development, review, integration, test, and deployment activities. You must have the ability to be self-directed and able to work with an extended, distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner. Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have:
You should possess a keen knowledge, desire, and passion to produce usable and scalable web software using advanced development technologies. As a developer you will leverage primarily Java and Microsoft .Net technologies to deliver a world-class customer experience. The following qualifications are sought for this key technical position:
- 3-5 Years of Web Software Development Experience in the .NET Framework and/or Java Enterprise.
- Expertise with the Visual Studio IDE.
- Knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture (and the emerging MVVM).
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Conceptual understanding and/or working knowledge of Web Content Management Systems are a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018