Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Work with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years through an internship with Charles Schwab. Schwab’s mission is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab Intern Academy is our centrally managed summer internship program that recruits juniors and rising seniors within a year of graduation. As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2018 program include:
- Business Track Project:Work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Feedback Loop: Receive regular feedback from your manager, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Gain support by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and aim to exceed client expectations
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate program tracking to a bachelor’s degree
- Plan to graduate between December 2018 and May/June 2019
- Can work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 9-week program (June 11 to August 10)
- Have specific skills as needed by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: The 2018 Schwab Intern Academy features multiple job opportunities. We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Internal Controls over Compliance (ICOC) Intern
The Financial Reporting & Compliance Department is looking for SOX & Internal Controls Interns to perform internal controls testing and provide process improvement recommendations to management. The Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Office (SCO) team performs internal controls testing on behalf of Schwab’s executive management to ensure financial reporting accuracy (SOX) and sufficient protection of its customer assets (ICOC).
The interns will have a unique opportunity to split their internship with the Business Process and IT testing specialists on the team to allow them to explore multiple areas of the audit and discover in which specialty they enjoy and excel. They will partner with members of the SCO team to conduct walkthrough meetings, perform testing and issue analysis, and provide testing results. Through these steps, the interns will gain exposure to many areas of the company and will begin to learn how Schwab is structured and operates.
What you’ll do:
- Work with process control performers across the Company to create and update process documentation, flowcharts, and risk assessments
- Lead discussions with process control performers
- Create and execute test plans
- Provide testing results to management
- Develop recommendations to correct control deficiencies and provide ideas for process improvements
What you have:
- Planned graduation date between December 2018 and May/June 2019, earning a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or Information Technology
- Curiosity to learn how to assess the design and operating effectiveness of processes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills, enabling one to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively with various levels of the organization throughout the Company
What you’ll get:
- How controls-based audits work, including risk assessment, scoping, testing, and reporting
- Complex business and IT processes that are part of operating in the financial services industry
- How to communicate with and learn from process control performers of varying communication styles and personalities
- How to perform and document audit procedures to meet the requirement of sufficient audit evidence
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017