Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a Software Release Engineer with strong track record of coordinating Production Deployments. The Portfolio Management Technology group within Advisor Services Technology provides a suite of Portfolio Management products to Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs). In this position, you will manage and mature the release processes on behalf of the Portfolio Management Technology group. Your responsibilities will include coordinating resources for application deployments, developing release process improvements, leading change ticket deployment teams and ensuring 99.9% uptime of our client platforms. This team is responsible for the successful deployment of public facing products such as Portfolio Services and Portfolio Connect.
What you’ll do:
Do you enjoy working closely with development teams to guide them through the steps to release a product? Do you constantly look at ways of improving processes to reduce risk through automation? Are you the one that brings groups together to ensure that changes are looked at from different lenses?
If you answered yes to these questions than this position is for you! The Release Engineer position will be working very closely with Product Development and Quality Engineering organizations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully leading releases for enterprise software applications in an Agile environment.
We're looking for technology leaders who are enthusiastic about working across different organizations to coordinate Production Deployments and increasing efficiency with process improvements. The role will require a high level of responsibility yet has a support structure necessary for development growth.
The role will focus on the following areas.
- Planning – Coordination across multiple teams, adhering to release schedule and business alignment.
- Risk Assessment – Code freeze processes, scope, quality and review sessions.
- Executing – Release coordination, release tactics and issue management.
- Measuring – Establish, mature and automate release metrics.
- Process Improvement – Tool improvement, process automation and innovation.
- Education – Constant education for stakeholders and engineers.
What you have:
- 5+ years working in an enterprise software organization.
- 3 + years demonstrated real world experience building and operating Release Management practices.
- Expertise influencing and changing software development lifecycles.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to partner with Product Owners, DevOps engineers, Release Engineers and other engineers across an organization.
- Experience mentoring and guiding engineers around Release Management best practices.
- Desire to dig deeper into how releases are managed in a PaaS, SaaS and Cloud based solution.
- Experience with Agile processes, working with Agile teams and leveraging Agile tools in order to accomplish Release Management goals.
- Excellent facilitation, organization and collaboration skills.
- Prior experience with PaaS, SaaS and/or Cloud based solution (including Pivotal Cloud Foundry) a plus
- Experience working in a Java environment strongly preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, September 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018