Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Core Technology Solutions QA (CTS QA) is a centralized Software Quality Assurance/Testing group that delivers innovative and effective software testing services across a broad range of technology platforms within Schwab Technology Services. The group has established strong partnerships with diverse development and business teams to successfully deliver testing services for many applications and areas like Enterprise Security Master, Customer Account Technology, Integrated Client View, CRM SalesForce, Voice, Client Reporting, Tax, Fixed Income Trading and many more.
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibility of this Staff QA Engineer’s role is to provide effective QA and Testing for the QA team that supports testing of Schwab Corporate Information Technology systems. The Staff role will have a focus on Manual Testing, Test Automation, and test process improvements to continually increase testing efficiency of projects delivered in Agile.
Under direction of CTS QA Manager and QA Team Lead, the Staff QA Engineer will do the following:
- Provide testing support for multiple CTS projects in Agile methodology
- Create test approaches, test strategies, test plans, test case, and test scripts.
- Apply risk-based testing principles to ensure testing is right-sized
- Troubleshoot test issues, record test results, report and track defects and complete Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for defect slippages when requested.
- Escalation of testing related issues with teams in different geographical locations and offshore team members.
- Ability to write, execute and maintain automated and manual test scripts
- Demonstrate programming ability in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) through creation and maintenance of application agnostic coded test automation frameworks is a plus
- Partner with development and other team members, provide technical guidance and work closely with offshore QA teams to create agile test automation solutions.
- Provide guidance (and mentor/coach) individual testers when necessary
- Assist in negotiating overall product quality standards with development, business stakeholders, and the release manager; while ensuring adherence to major milestones and assisting in identifying dependencies and critical paths.
- Participate in technical design reviews, requirements ambiguity, use case reviews, and relevant governance activities.
- Ensures QA processes are followed by QA domain to ensure standardization and consistency
- Be accountable for all tasks and assigned testing efforts.
- Provides QA status reporting and escalate issues/risks in a timely manner to Management and assist in resolution
- Contribute to ongoing continuous improvement to build testing efficiency and effectiveness through a close collaboration with development and business, utilizing innovative QA practices and tools.
What you have:
- Minimum qualification - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ Software quality assurance / technical testing experience in one or more of the
- Preferred experience in defining automation frame works and functional testing related to Human Resource applications, Organizational Risk Management (ORM) Reporting, CRM SalesForce, Peoplesoft, Workday, Clarity.
- Ability to use risk-based testing approach and hands on experience in Agile methodology
- Demonstrated competency and familiarity with industry leading Test and software management tools like : Microsoft Test Manager, Zephyr, TFS, Jira, Confluence
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with a demonstrated ability in using metrics to report across numerous levels within the technical and business organizations
- Strong analytical problem solving skills. Excellent self-organization skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently while being flexible in adapting to changing needs of the Business
- Good interpersonal skills to establish, build and maintain relationships across large complex organizations and business, technical functions, software vendor partners
- Understanding of testing web services using SOAP tools, performance testing tools would be advantageous
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017