Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
A centralized team was formed to support a platform intended to transform how security market reference data is managed across the firm as a strategic enterprise asset. Leveraging a new reference data platform, this team will establish centralized data governance, integrate platform data throughout the firm, optimize value from data providers, and implement policies and controls to lead the data quality function and manage risk.
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibility of this individual is to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the reference Mutual Fund data within the Security Master databases. Daily functions include both basic and complex functions related to updating and adding mutual funds to the platform, using a variety of tools and information sources. The role involves daily interaction and collaboration with internal business partners. As we transistion to a new Security Master platform, the role will evolve to inclde comples data analysis and management on financial instruments in other asset classes, such as Fixed Income and Equities to contribute to efficient business operations and trade execution. To be effective in this role and successfully minimize aggregate risk to the firm, candidate must have expertise with securities and markets to deliver superior customer service to both our internal and external clients, while demonstrating flexibility and good judgment in prioritizing multiple tasks for complex processes. This role will leverage a variety of tools, information sources and experience, contribute to the research and provision of timely and accurate trading security data for use across the firm to support front, middle and back office processes.
What you have:
- BA/BS required, in business or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2+ year’s experience working in the back-office operations of a brokerage or financial services firm
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Strong attention to detail, while accurately processing large volumes of work under strict time constraints and multiple priorities.
- Ability to cultivate productive and strong working relationships within the team, department and other enterprises.
- Ability to recognize patterns and trends in data operations and identify opportunities for improving processes and systems
- Strong conceptual thinking and problem solving skills in order to effectively research and resolve business issues arising in various operating environments.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of Mutual Fund operations, including rules, upstream and downstream effects
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software applications
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018