Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Client Service & Support (CS&S) is the primary service and trading arm for Schwab Investor Services. CS&S provides service to our retail clients to fulfill our purpose of championing every client’s goals with passion and integrity. The vision for CS&S is being engaged financial service professionals who inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill clients' needs. With a focus on employee development and collaboration, we help clients and employees reach their goals. CS&S builds loyalty with clients and employees one interaction at a time.
What you’ll do:
- As a Team Manager in Client Service and Support you will lead a team of 12 representatives (including registered brokers, broker trainees, and customer service reps) to deliver value and memorable service experiences that promote client loyalty.
- Build your team’s market expertise and Schwab product knowledge.
- Develop team members through coaching, career development mentoring, and motivational techniques.
- Assess and resolve escalated client issues at a moment’s notice, helping them navigate Schwab products and services.
- Effectively recognize strategic business opportunities and seize them.
- Work collaboratively with other managers and leadership in cross departmental projects and initiatives.
What you have:
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute the Schwab strategy. Essential skills include:
- Active FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses - Required
- Active FINRA Series 8, or 9 &10 licenses - can be obtained as a condition of employment after starting in the role
- Thorough knowledge of brokerage/financial services industry with a minimum of three years prior experience (required), including business development and trading operations (preferred)
- At least one year supervisory/management experience required with two years preferred
- Demonstrated passion for providing client-centric solutions
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence and build consensus as well as proven presentation skills
- Demonstrated skill in leadership, team/employee motivation, and employee coaching
- Proven experience working collaboratively, improving productivity, and implementing ideas
- Ability to work a flexible shift, which may include early morning hours, late night hours, or weekend hours
In addition, ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Prior experience with staffing and workforce management
- Additional management or leadership training
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Monday, August 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018