We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Market Data (MDS) and Active Trader (AIT) production support teams provide 24/7 coverage for the customer-facing Active Trader, Market Data and Global Investing products tiers. Active Trader serves over 250,000 clients with Streetsmart Pro, Streetsmart Edge, Streetsmart.com and Edge in Cloud. Market Data provides tremendous cost savings to the firm by providing an in house tickerplant for quotes direct to our clients as well as Schwab’s technology infrastructure. The team’s focus is to manage and monitor over 200 applications spread over 2000 servers that power these products with a business oriented approach.
What you’ll do:
As one of the top financial brokerage and banking firms in the world, this is an excellent opportunity to apply your skills to ensure our new Active Trader products are innovative and highly available. The team is aligned with seven development teams across the Schwab organization to achieve continuous delivery of new product offerings. This includes as well site reliability support once these new products become client facing. A successful candidate will be expected to drive continuous delivery and high availability through proactive monitoring and automation. Candidates will be expected to perform these duties working with other business and technology groups maintaining high levels of customer service and quality. The candidate should have exceptional troubleshooting and debugging skills to ensure site failures are resolved as quickly as possible. You also need the ability to perform root cause analysis for such events and identify resolution options (code fix, automation, playbook) to prevent future occurrences.
You must have the ability and desire to work with Windows Server 2012, Scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell), Network Load Balancing (e.g. F5, Cisco ANM), SQL Server Management Studio
What you have:
- The person applying should thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment with many moving parts and a large variety of responsibilities
- Ability to determine organization automation gap analysis and fulfillment through a self-motived approach.
- Provide support for increased code, maintenance and regulatory install cadence resulting from new projects
- Experience working within industry standards designed to align IT investments with business objectives
- Proven track record successfully managing and implementing solutions for mission critical application sites
- Ability to grasp difficult concepts, large architectures, and sophisticated systems quickly
- Teamwork and the ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners, technology teams, offshore, and professional services
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Strong experience facilitating issue intervention
- Self-starter with outstanding multitasking capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Business customer focused
- 1-2 years of experience successfully developing applications for Windows platforms
- 2+ years in-depth technical experience with design and implementation of enterprise level infrastructure solutions
- 2+ years programming experience (Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager, SQL Server, Windows Server and Linux Server
- Understanding of Cloud and On-Premises server platforms
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- In-depth infrastructure knowledge of one or more of Charles Schwab's Microsoft and Linux server environments
- Experience using Splunk reporting and analysis software
- Analyst experience in a large enterprise of more than 10,000 servers
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, August 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017