Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Keith Andrew Vogel
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Please note: This job posting is for future opportunities we are anticipating within the Schwab.
The Financial Planning Group is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for helping individuals and families with their financial needs. Whether it’s retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs, Investor Services can help.
The Financial Planning Group works with branch partners and Schwab Private Client Investment Advisors to provide comprehensive financial planning services for clients and prospects seeking advice on how to reach multiple goals. The financial plan includes a customized analysis to address client or prospective client goals, such as: retirement, college, risk management, asset allocation, and estate planning needs. After setting realistic expectations with the client or prospect, the Schwab Financial Planner prepares and presents a financial plan which will identify a client’s current situation, opportunities and gaps, and advise on specific steps to meet financial goals.
What you’ll do:
The Financial Planner is responsible strengthening the relationship between Schwab and clients who have the need for advice on complex financial situations. The financial planning process includes cultivating referral relationships with internal partners, supporting client relationships based on the needs of clients and partners, and working directly with clients to assess and advise on complex financial planning topics. Candidates should have a strong background in client and practice management, presentation and communication skills, and expertise in the area of financial planning.
Responsibilities include; working with assigned internal Schwab departments (primarily the Branch and Schwab Private Client Investment Advisors) to cultivate a referral relationship. Interact directly with clients in delivering detailed and customized financial plans. Participate in ongoing personal development and training to continually grow as a professional and advisor. Participate in joint sales calls regarding Schwab’s financial planning capabilities.
What you have:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- CFP designation required.
- Series 7 & 66 license required (or to be obtained within 90 days). Current Insurance License in the State where business is being conducted also required.
- Minimum 5+ years experience with creating and presenting complex/comprehensive financial plans.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and financial plans to insure that an accurate final plan is delivered to each client/prospect in a timely manner.
- Extensive knowledge and mastery of moving clients through complete and complex financial planning cycle.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external partners to address clients/prospects financial needs and goals.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex topics to clients.
- Strong client services skills and ability to anticipate and resolve problems on own initiative.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IN - Indianapolis
Activation Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017