Portland - OR, BRORPL, 820 SW Morrison, 97205
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for helping individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs. In more than 300 branch offices in 45 U.S. states, you'll find Branch Managers leading and coaching their teams as they work directly with our clients to achieve that common goal.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you’ll do:
The Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) is part of the Branch Network where we deliver Wealth Management services to clients to meet their financial needs. The Assistant Branch Manager will report to the Branch Manager and responsibilities will be dependent on the Branch Manager’s span of control and geographic location. In collaboration with the Branch Manager, the ABM will develop and execute a comprehensive local business plan focused on growth of market share and client assets.
As an evolving branch leader, the Assistant Branch Manager will focus on retention and development of top talent through coaching, performance management, and employee engagement. The Assistant Branch Manager will have oversight of one or several branches including having Associate Financial Consultants, Financial Consultants and the Client Service staff as direct reports. The Assistant Branch Manager will be responsible for delivery of an excellent client experience through effective coaching of branch professionals and operational execution as necessary to ensure proper oversight, compliance and risk management of the branch.
As a local leader, the Assistant Branch Manager will be involved in community development in collaboration with the Branch Manager to increase brand awareness through the development and execution of events, workshops, and sponsorships as well as participation in organizational memberships.
Under the mentorship of a Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager will progress through a learning curriculum that will prepare them for a Branch Manager role in approximately 18-24 months. Since this is a development role, those that are hired into this Assistant Branch Manager position need to be flexible to relocation across the network when a Branch Manager role becomes available.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- A minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry with leadership experience preferred
- Strong brokerage and industry knowledge
- Proven ability to provide ongoing employee coaching, development, and recognition
- Demonstrated business development experience with a strong drive for results
- Demonstrated dedication to treating clients in an ethical, empathetic and proactive way
- Ability to build and sustain strong trusted partnerships with employees, peers and colleagues in other work groups based on mutual trust
- Sound operational and supervisory judgment
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to build and deepen relationships with clients, within the community and within Schwab to achieve desired results
- Demonstrated commitment to holding yourself and others to high degree of integrity
Education, Licenses, and Designations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A valid and active Series 7 license required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license required
- A valid and active Series 9/10 (8) license required (may be offered as a 90 day condition of employment)
- Life and health insurance is required (may be offered as a 120 day condition of employment)
- CFP designation is preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Customer Service-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||OR - Portland
Activation Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017