Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Do you want to be part of a Data Warehouse team managing over 120 terabytes of data for a leading financial firm with over $2.5 trillion in assets under management? The Global Data Technology organization is a highly skilled and passionate team that explores new ways to leverage our data as a strategic asset. Through hands-on initiatives with our business partners we contribute to the company’s customer experience, revenue and profitability. We are looking for a Team Manager with deep experience in EDW development, passion for data solutions, and a robust curiosity for emerging big data development patterns.
As an EDW Development Manager, you will lead a team of analysts and developers to deliver new functionality on the analytic data platforms. This role will lead a team with a wide range of technical skills which include ETL (Informatica, Unix, Python and Big Data Engineering like Hive SQL) and data analysis and modeling skills (SQL, ERwin). This role will guide the team in understanding the business use cases and help design analytic data solutions. This role will help manage priorities, budgets, staffing and skill development within the team.
What you’ll do:
- Assisting team members in interpreting scope, estimating impact/work and approving the estimates for distribution.
- Managing team assignments by assessing subject area knowledge, individual capacity, and project demands.
- Managing a team of 5-7 FTE and 5-15 vendor resources (with frequent growth / mix changes) and provide feedback for individual contributor development.
- Advising on GDT technical decisions including architecture approach, solution design and detailed troubleshooting.
- Enforcing adherence to the team’s SDLC and assisting in process improvements while contributing to the team’s adoption of Agile Methods (Scrum &/or Kanban).
- Working closely with our Global Data Office and Analytics partners to ensure expectations are met and acting as a liaison between business and technical teams to resolve issues.
- Ensuring projects are progressing according to plan by resolving issues or obstacles.
- Providing up-to-date resourcing and spending plans to properly manage the portfolio in terms of staffing and finances.
- Evaluating candidates for new positions including FTEs & contractors.
- Building deep understanding of the warehouse data and capabilities.
What you have:
- Demonstrated experience as an analyst /developer preferably on data platforms (> 5 years)
- Demonstrated experience as a People Manager (> 2 years)
- Experience in Data Warehousing / Information Management (> 2 years)
- Project management experience/knowledge, with ability to drive projects to successful completion; ability to anticipate project risks/issues and propose creative solutions; solid experience and understanding of Agile Methods
- Prior experience interfacing with various partners, including vendors, offshore development teams, and internal groups
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database constructs
- Demonstrate data curiosity and business understanding
- Demonstrated interest in learning about emerging data platforms and Big Data technologies
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-2-5 yrs, IT-Communications/Networking-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, International-2-5 yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, IT-DBA-2-5 yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs, Capital Markets-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-6+ yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, January 29, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018