Washington - DC, BRDCDC, 1845 K Street, N.W., 20006-1209
Denise Kathy Cannon
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for helping individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs. In more than 300 branch offices in 45 U.S. states, you'll find Branch Managers leading and coaching their teams as they work directly with our clients to achieve that common goal.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you’ll do:
Charles Schwab Branch Managers have responsibility for increasing the branch office’s revenues while expanding the client base. In this position, you will work closely with your team of Financial Consultants (FC), and Associate Financial Consultants (AFC) both in implementing firm wide sales strategies and in developing strategies at the local level.
As the leader of a Charles Schwab Branch, you will inspire your team of Sales professionals and Client Service professionals as they provide investment guidance and support to clients primarily through face-to-face meetings. Unlike no other job at Charles Schwab, the Branch Manager is the most critical role at the local market level, providing the service, advice, and leadership that have made us the force we are today.
A typical day would include sales coaching and sales process management, development of branch team with effective training and performance management, client presentations with your sales team, analysis of performance data for trends and actions, interviewing prospective employees, collaborating with business partners sharing of best practices and performing the compliance and administrative tasks inherent in our industry.
We believe that our values have helped us to build both a successful business model and an outstanding work environment. We value teamwork, integrity, service, open communication, and perseverance. If you want to work at a firm that truly values your contributions, consider a career at Charles Schwab.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have:
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Demonstrated leadership, management and motivational skills
- A minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry with at least 4 years in a sales leadership capacity
- A desire to lead, a passion for sales management, and a deep commitment to client service
- Proven success in establishing quality cross enterprise partnerships
- Comprehensive industry and investment knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of proven success in sales, sales leadership and overall leadership
Education, Licenses, and Designations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A valid and active Series 7 license is required
- A valid and active Series 9/10 license is required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license is required
- A valid and active Series 24 is preferred
- Ability to hold Life and Health Insurance license
- Additional designations are preferred: CFP, CFA, CIMA, and/or AAMS
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, Life Insurance, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||DC - District of Columbia, MD - Columbia, MD - Gaithersburg, MD - Bethesda, VA - Arlington, VA - Alexandria, MD - Potomac, DC - Washington
Activation Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, October 23, 2017