Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Hosting Services is seeking a skilled and energetic individual who will thrive in our fast paced and dynamic atmosphere in order to take Charles Schwab's Compute technology to the next level. As a Technical Director in this space you will lead the technological evolution of our converged and hyper-converged virtual solutions. The role calls for a savvy technologist who thrives on highly scalable platforms and thinks in a transformational way.
What you’ll do:
- Work with architecture & applications to generate solution specifications
- Generate suitable system architectures to support target solution
- Generate transparent budgets and lines of business visibility
- Oversee activities of matrixed team members
- Provide mentoring
- Ensure programs are meeting quality and schedule commitments
- Identify risk factor early in the process and prioritize their resolution.
- Ensure quality documentation and review process are occurring with team.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Drive Engineering Solutions
- Industry Expertise
- Most Senior Technical Leader / Area of Expertise
- Technical Mentoring
- Engineering Discipline
- Methods, Process, Tools
- Assist business in the scoping and planning of upcoming projects
- Solution Architecture and Design
- Participate/Lead in producing the solutions conceptual architecture and associated artifacts
- Develop logical architecture of solution components based on conceptual architecture/design
- Collaborates with EA and SAs from other domain to design/deliver larger scoped initiatives
What you have:
You will be joining us as a Technical Director focused on providing strategic and architectural leadership for Hosting Services. We are looking for a person with excellent technical, leadership and communication skills to guide the team through technology challenges while driving towards target architecture.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as an engineer/architect in building complex, highly scalable distributed virtual converged infrastructures.
- Experience with hyper converged technologies.
- Work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Understanding of complex problems and ability to come up with simple and elegant solutions.
- Publishing and presenting the architecture to technology leaders and business executives.
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to operations for technical issues.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Track and identify new technologies to solve the business problems.
- Understand industry trends in order to align our technology to be effective.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Purpose Driven: Makes decisions that are aligned with “Through Clients’ Eyes” philosophy
Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision
Exceptional Communicator: Communicates clearly, authentically, and persuasively
Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility and urgency
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, August 21, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017